PDA

View Full Version : tri-z swingarm bearings help!?

erikb45
02-18-2007, 09:57 AM
hey guys im having trouble locating the bearings for the 85 tri-z. i spent a couple hours last night cross referencing and came up with some answers. my next step is to go to the parts stores today and see if they have them. the flat bearing is still giving me trouble. im very short on time and hope somone else has dealt with this to give me some other ideas.

there are no bearings left to compare at the store -the old one came out in piles of dust!!

i know i can order them but i need this thing together for next weekend

sblt500r
02-18-2007, 12:11 PM
measure the id of the swingarm and the od of the spacers. and they should be about an inch wide. whats the flat bearing? its it a thrust bearing? like the yz bikes?

chris200x
02-18-2007, 12:20 PM
I think this is what he means. I don't have an accurate way to measure for the bearings. (to help x.system as well) If someone gets them please post them up. :beer

mywifeknowseverything
02-18-2007, 02:44 PM
If your in that much of a Time Crunch just go to your local Yamaha Store....You can still get them ALL NEW....You can also Try PMing YAMAHONDAMAN.....I think he knows all the Cross Bearing Numbers you can take to the Bearing Shop...:beer

erikb45
02-18-2007, 05:56 PM
soorry i was out workin on the trike all day. the local yamaha places have to order them andit takes longer than a week.

chris 200 x has it right. those are the ones

Bryan Raffa
02-18-2007, 07:33 PM
use that micro fisch that i gave you and get the right part # and order them from yamaha.. I doubt you have your bike together before they get here. thoes are like 33 bucks ea just for the bearing, not includeing the washers.There the most expensive part in the swingarm..tho's are the same for the 85 & 86

any other parts you need for the swingarm make shure you order for a 85!!! the 86 were smaller bearings and bushings..