PDA

View Full Version : To paint or not to paint (200 ERN engine)

troy
02-17-2007, 08:56 PM
I need to know the pro's and con's on painting my engine. I have all the parts to redo my engine, which well start in the next couple days. I have cleaned the engine of oil, beach rocks and every thing else that stick to a BIG mess of oil that was leaking from the bottom of the cylinder wall.

Here's the plans:

step 1: clean up the engine (done)

step 2: rebuild the top end (just got in every seal made for this tri moto engine)

step three: put the engine into frame and mount the tail pipe only to make sure all problems are solved and every thing work like it should. remember i'v striped the bike down to be painted ect ect. so that mean only the engine and pipe would be on the frame.

step four: after making sure all the problem are out of the engine.........heres where feed back comes in, to paint or not to paint the engine.:wondering i have bought the heat paint already.

step five: put the bike back together completely and enjoy:w00t:

step six: take lots and lots of pictures:lol:

chris200x
02-17-2007, 09:09 PM
I think this is pretty much a no brainer. If you already bought the engine paint. and painted the frame, etc... PAINT THE ENGINE!!! :D

troy
02-17-2007, 09:12 PM
I think this is pretty much a no brainer. If you already bought the engine paint. and painted the frame, etc... PAINT THE ENGINE!!! :D

LOL:lol: ...see i'v never painted a engine before...my plans are to paint it after every thing is back together, engine wise that is