PDA

View Full Version : Got a issue here ,200s !!!

sandpuppi101
02-17-2007, 06:39 PM
Here's the deal, I am rebuilding a 200S motor and in the process of scraping off the excess left over gasket,with a gasket scraper, I got in a rush and gouged the crap out the aluminum of the inner case.. now the bad part is it's where the oil sump pumps the oil underneath the header pipe on the inner case ,the one behind the clutch assy. I am guessing I took off a couple thousanth's.. I have new gaskets ,for the cases,and am obviously gonna be using them ,but is there anything I can doo that you guys know of to insure that the oil ain't gonna pour out that you guy's know of ,beside's JB weld...or will the gasket ensure a tight fit you think ?? I am so PI$$%D ,I have never done this before!!Thanx in advance ...

essej.jesse
02-17-2007, 07:02 PM
I would think the gasket would probably work fine, but if not, you could probably use some high-temp liquid gasket and run a small bead along the edges of the solid gasket, just try not to use too much because it is nasty stuff to get everywhere.

dufrain
02-17-2007, 07:44 PM
I would get some ultra copper permatex and smear on the gouge and put the gasket over it and reassemble.Should be fine.Clean the gouge spot good with acetone so it will stick real good.

Rustytinhorn
02-17-2007, 08:32 PM
I use Permatex-Form A Gasket Sealent. Its non-hardening so it wont rip your gaskets if you have to take them off again. Put it around both sides of your gasket and it will fill in any gouges or whatnot. I also use it around the outer rim of my axle seals. Works good.

MTS
02-17-2007, 08:57 PM
Loctite Makes Some good stuff, Calld Gasket eliminator, By FAR the best Semi drying Flange sealen....Not runny gooey, holds up good, wont get into Pumps ect, i would put a dab of it behind the gasket on the gouged spot, Dont hurt to be sure,,,,,,leaks suck!!!

sandpuppi101
02-17-2007, 09:02 PM
Thanks fella's,I know loctite is a good product,or even the permatex,I will try one of those and cross my fingers!! I'll update when I get it done in the am..

Howdy
02-17-2007, 10:16 PM
Clean the area with acetone and put brush a thick coat of Hi-Tac on it. If you get too much Hi-Tac or Hi-Tac on your cases you can easily remove it day, week or months later with acetone. It's probably the best stuff I have ever used.
Howdy

sandpuppi101
02-18-2007, 11:04 PM
Well Job complete ,I would suggest the next time that anyboby is rebuilding a motor they take there time while scraping the excess gasket material off!! I went with the Hi-Tac stuff that you said Howdy !! I put it on gave it a few minutes for it to apply and torqued the gasket down too it and let it set while the 500 was on.. put it back together and no leak.. That stuff work's pretty good I have too say ,it's now gonna be in my Bin all the time .. Thanx for the help again fella's and just remember to be careful when scraping your gaskets!!!