PDA

View Full Version : More 3 wheeler haters

atctim
02-15-2007, 11:20 AM
This article was released in Dec 2006. Here is a quote from it:

Safety Tips for all ATV Riders are:

Do not carry passengers. ATVs are designed for one person.
Wear a helmet with eye protection.
Wear non-skid, closed toe shoes.
Wear long pants and a long-sleeve shirt.
Do not ride on public roads or at night.
Never use a 3-wheeler. They are unsafe and no longer manufactured.
Attend an ATV driver’s safety course.

Should we reply or just let it go. Ignorance~~!!!

If you read the article, there are many good points, but the article attacks 3 wheelers as well as not having their facts straight about them

Here is a link.

http://press.arrivenet.com/business/article.php/899312.html

this stuff really gets my blood boiling!

bondoboy
02-15-2007, 11:30 AM
Wow, what a kick in the nuts!

team-red-rider
02-15-2007, 11:40 AM
when i get home im going to email these people.....anyone else going to?

SYKO
02-15-2007, 11:41 AM
I voted a 1! if I could vote a negative I would!

Bryan Raffa
02-15-2007, 11:44 AM
I would like to kick him in the nuts!... They have left out that more people died rideing 4 wheelers the first year they came out,Than all the years that 3 wheelers were around! got my blood pumpin tim thanks..LOL

Also these people pray on familey's who sufferd losses to make there money!! of corse there gonna make it sound bad as possible :(

ProCarbine2k1
02-15-2007, 11:49 AM
haha, thats just a small kick compared to the rest of the article. Honestly I cant read BS like this a whole lot because it just pisses me off. Whoever wrote this article is living in a dreamworld, but what pisses me off even more is that they can recognize that many injuries occur due to lack of supervision or safety equipment. So they continue to fault ATV manufacturers, Ill never be able to understand or put myself in the mind of these idiots.

Howdy
02-15-2007, 12:00 PM
If anyone replies to that letter, they should proof read their reply FIRST. The last thing we need is replies that look and sound like a 1st or 2nd grade kid wrote it.
Howdy

Bryan Raffa
02-15-2007, 12:00 PM
haha, thats just a small kick compared to the rest of the article. Honestly I cant read BS like this a whole lot because it just pisses me off. Whoever wrote this article is living in a dreamworld, but what pisses me off even more is that they can recognize that many injuries occur due to lack of supervision or safety equipment. So they continue to fault ATV manufacturers, Ill never be able to understand or put myself in the mind of these idiots.

your right!! thats why they go after the manufacturer's, there the ones with the money! I love how familey's sue these manufactures,and think money will set things strait when most of the time there at falt for there own lack of supervision or safty equipment.;)

SYKO
02-15-2007, 12:06 PM
If anyone replies to that letter, they should proof read their reply FIRST. The last thing we need is replies that look and sound like a 1st or 2nd grade kid wrote it.
Howdy

no doubt!!! I wanted to but I know I couldnt write a response worth a damn so im not even going to try, any english teachers here?? lol

ProCarbine2k1
02-15-2007, 12:09 PM
team-red-rider, I definitely know how you feel... but instead of throwing something together in an e mail, maybe you could make this in to an english assignment or something. Sending them an article or report that you have written and at the same time educate your classmates on the issue. If the people that had written that article read something that you had really spent some time on, and that you had taken the time to proof read and research the real "facts", you might just "wake up" one of them...

Bryan Raffa
02-15-2007, 12:10 PM
no doubt!!! I wanted to but I know I couldnt write a response worth a damn so im not even going to try, any english teachers here?? lol

LOL there would be more F bomb's than any thing else!:lol:

ProCarbine2k1
02-15-2007, 12:14 PM
Ill tell you what raffa, one of the biggest problems are the firms and corrupt lawyers making these families that have experienced a traumatic accident due to their own negligence and responsibility feel "entitled" to something from the ATV manufacturers.
I think this is my last post on this topic for the day, any more and I might just let myself get in a bad mood...:lol: :lol:

SYKO
02-15-2007, 12:17 PM
LOL there would be more F bomb's than any thing else!:lol:

right!!! you stupid MF'ers GD stupid A's.... prety much a few pages of stuf like that from me.

Gunnar
02-15-2007, 12:21 PM
Its the same with every thing els. There are tons of people out there that feel idiots should be protected from themselves. Thats why they have recalls on sweatshirts with draw strings, idiots could choke to death, easy bake ovens, unsupervised children have burnt themselves (THEY ARE A FREAKIN OVEN!), theives that hurt them selves breaking into a home can and do sue home owners, people riding your atv with your permission that hurt them selves can sue you for injuries (never mind that they will heal but you have to fix your machine). The list goes on and on. What ever happened to Darwins theory of survival of the fittest, Do we really want these people on the loose th breed? I think not

Mr. Clean
02-15-2007, 12:21 PM
Why not sue harley, honda, yamaha for street motorcycle accidents, I have never seen a warning sticker on one of those. Why not sue GM, or Ford or Dodge for people dying driving cages. Where are my lawn darts?

Chevy200s
02-15-2007, 12:59 PM
Where are my lawn darts?

haha, exactly. That article is so biased, I cant believe intelligent people can read something like that and form a belief that 3 wheelers are unsafe. I might spend some time and write up a response too.

Does anyone know where to find the statistics for deaths on atvs from 1987 to the present, seperated as 3 wheeled and 4 wheeled would be optimal. I realize this could hurt 4 wheelers by pointing out high numbers, but I want to make them realize the sharp contrast between the three wheeled atv statistics if possible. I mean I cant be positive but I would think the 4 wheeled deaths would climb each year as they became more popular while the 3 wheeled deaths would drop as the public favor fell away from them. If I'm wrong I'm happy to be corrected but it makes sense to me. Let me know what you think:wondering

Chevy200s
02-15-2007, 12:59 PM
sorry about the double post guys, please delete mods, thanks!

Tri-ZNate
02-15-2007, 01:16 PM
:D Hye guys FYI, you can vote more than once :beer

Brockey
02-15-2007, 01:19 PM
What gets me is they say that 3wheelers are not made for a reason. BS. Thats why they are making street legal versions such as the Stallion, T-rex. OK so they dont make atc's, but they dont make 57 Chevy's or any classic car anymore. These cars are not up to safety and emmissions regulations either so WTF. You gonna try to take my 78 K5 Blazer from me because its not safe. Try it and I'll jump a #$@%$%^$%&#$^&@$^&. I wish people would just realize that accidents are accidents and idiots are idiots and then #@$& off. On another note isnt it an OFF-ROAD-VEhicle. If it was on road I might upgrade to shut them up.... gotta stop blood pressure rising.... gone to get a beer.....

Tri-ZNate
02-15-2007, 01:27 PM
he he paste this link into your address bar and just keep refreshing. Its the link to the "1" vote :D. http://press.arrivenet.com/business/rate.php?aid=899312&r=1

nouseforaname90
02-15-2007, 01:47 PM
Hahaha.. I just sat there and clicked refresh like 3 times. You guys must be doing it too, becaue in that amount of time, the number of votes went from 300 to 620 (only 3 being mine) and the average rating steadily went down haha.

Dammit!
02-15-2007, 01:48 PM
you dont have to wait for the page to reload either. Rapid fire clicking will still register as votes. ;)

Brockey
02-15-2007, 01:50 PM
HAHA, now that is some funny stuff.

nouseforaname90
02-15-2007, 01:53 PM
C'mon guys! We are nearing the lowest rating possible!!!.. 1!! Haha WE CAN DO IT!

WOW!! Its been less than 10 minutes since my last post and the number of votes went from 300 to 2000 LOL!

El'Capitan
02-15-2007, 02:00 PM
well, i just did about 1000 votes :beer

i hate stupid people like that. all the better reason to bring the trike instead of the quad out to browns camp saturday.

nouseforaname90
02-15-2007, 02:03 PM
I love how sensitive my mouse buttons are. I can probably click that thing like 10 times a second lol. Whew my arm is tired now..

atctim
02-15-2007, 02:04 PM
up to 2500!! Good for this money hungry lawyer author. What a complete TOOL!

atctim
02-15-2007, 02:07 PM
2 minutes later and we are over 2900!

Edit (30 seconds later)
Make that 3000!

nouseforaname90
02-15-2007, 02:10 PM
Haha you guys are amazing. Less than 15 minutes and you guys put in over 3200 votes LOL.. for a grand total of.. 3500!!

slothminx
02-15-2007, 02:12 PM
My finger aches.....

edog
02-15-2007, 02:22 PM
My finger is Killing me.

Tri-ZNate
02-15-2007, 02:26 PM
holy F guys :lol:. went from 90 when i stopped to over 4500

200x newby
02-15-2007, 02:27 PM
My finger is Killing me.
lol thats what she said haha sorry had to say it......... but yes i put in about 200 votes

Dammit!
02-15-2007, 02:28 PM
Try using both index fingers to tap on the mouse button at the same time. :D

Brockey
02-15-2007, 02:34 PM
Well I guess that should end that vote for awhile. hehe

Tri-ZNate
02-15-2007, 02:39 PM
:w00t: 6K :beer

BTW F5 on the keyboard does wonders

team-red-rider
02-15-2007, 02:39 PM
i did this in english class..

In a world where everyone is riding on ATV’s there is always one question. ARE THEY SAFE? Well yes and no. if you ride proper and wear safety gear YES they are. But if you don’t wear gear and ride safe NO they are not!
3Wheelers- yes they are safe if ridden by the right person. They are fun machines when treated with respect. But when someone puts little 10 year old Johnny on an ATC 250R/Tri-Z or a similar bike NO they are not safe, because on a 3 wheeler you MUST lean in to a turn unlike a quad. Also on an ATC you must lean forward on an incline so you don’t flip over backwards. And in the event if a roll over or some other accident an ATC is very light compared to a quad sometimes half the weight.
Quads- YES they are safe just like Atc’s if ridden properly. But they can also bite you on your butt real fast because you feel safe on 4 wheels but if you go fast and attempt a turn with out leaning you will flip, and quads weight a lot more than ATC’s so they cause more damage/injury.
Conclusion- overall ATC’s are JUST as safe as quads and in some situations are safer including a roll-over because they are lighter. But if ridden improperly they are dangerous but so are quads to

ALSO DID THIS ONE

The cpsc or “consumer product safety commission” recently the cpsc is trying to impose a new ban on ATV’s including 3-Wheelers and any ATV with an engine over 400cc they are also trying to make it so people under 16 have to ride ATV’s smaller than 90cc’s for example could you see a 6’ 5” 14 year old riding a Honda Fourtrax 90?
So are atc’s really unsafe
What the cpsc should really do is make a MANDATORY training program for all new and previous ATV owners. They also need to make a licensing program, that’s appropriate for the age and skill level of the rider. For example a class A license would allow you to operate ANY ATV (including 3 wheelers!) and a class D would allow u to operate an atv 90cc’s or smaller like a Yamaha quad-zinger or a Honda TRX-90.
Three wheelers? Are they the real culprit? The cpsc is trying to ban three wheelers saying that they are “inherently unstable” technically it’s not the machine. It’s the operator. I don’t know if it’s me or not but I’ve never seen a three wheeler drive up to someone and run them over, have you? Me for example I’ve been riding Honda ATCs since I was 6 I am now 16 years old. That’s over 10 years! I have NEVER wrecked not even once!
Are ATVs/ATCs Safe? Yes but when people blatantly disregard the safety warning s printed on the machines they are not. Thee safety labels and the laws state that “ATVs ARE NOT TO BE OPERATED ON PUBLIC STREETS OR HIGHWAYS.” So if the people were following this law they would still be alive!
“ATVs are safe. It's the people riding them”. Here is a quote from the cpsc “a three-wheeled ATV is inherently less stable than an ATV with four wheels resulting in 3 times the risk of injury compared to a four-wheeled ATV.” Ok I am not sure but isn’t a dirt bike VERY unstable? Just think a three wheeler can hold its self up but a dirt bike needs a kickstand?!
The final verdict: Three wheelers are not unstable neither are quads! The cpsc is trying to protect us from ourselves. We need to stop this on www.3wheelerworld.com there are OVER 7,000 three wheeler riders/owners! And www.3wheeler.org has about 2,000 members! If they were so dangerous WHY would we all still love them?? Also for the quad lovers www.quadpit.com has a ton of members.

Bryan Raffa
02-15-2007, 02:47 PM
holey smokes it was 38 when i first posted!! the 56 the second time
Bhahahahahahaha

Nick_R_23
02-15-2007, 03:00 PM
Lol I just put in a couple thousand myself. :lol: :beer :w00t:

If you vote '1' and let it go to the page where it says you voted '1', hold down the F5 key for a few minutes itll get several thousand votes.

-Nick

Dammit!
02-15-2007, 03:28 PM
I think we killed it. :lol:

slothminx
02-15-2007, 03:31 PM
Yup, cant get on that website anymore lmfao! :lol:

84honda200s
02-15-2007, 03:59 PM
same here it wont load. team red rider thats not to bad of a write up / letter. allot better than i could ever do thats for sure. i know i cant do it so i wont. the cpsc needs to shut the f up and mind their own business.

ratvespa
02-15-2007, 04:14 PM
whoa! 3 wheelers are unsafe? I though driving off road was safer than sitting in your bomb shelter wrapped in bubble wrap watching barney reruns and drinking a juice box.

in that case, I guess I need to sell my 3 wheelers and buy something safer like a CR500 with a 100 shot of NOS

russell56443
02-15-2007, 04:29 PM
Now the page is down lol!!!
I negative oned them as many times as I could too,way to go guys!!!!!

atctim
02-15-2007, 04:57 PM
LOL - so we shut down the page?????? That will show them for looking down their noses at us.

team-red-rider
02-15-2007, 05:24 PM
so what do u all think of my essays i had to write for english / journalisim??

Brockey
02-15-2007, 06:02 PM
Pretty good. I hate it when they label us all for others behaviours. Like the guns slogan. "Guns kill people" no "guns dont kill people, people kill people" and if that was the case I could blame my keyboard for spelling words wrong on me. Somewhat quoted from Larry The Cable Guy. Larry said Pencil instead of keyboard.

team-red-rider
02-15-2007, 06:06 PM
ltcg KICKS ASS lol

mark38090
02-15-2007, 08:22 PM
Anybody see a place to email the lawyers ? I went to there web site and the only place to contact them is phone.

ATC-Eric
02-15-2007, 08:22 PM
HOlY CRAP!!!!!!!! 8000 votes!!!! :eek:

team-red-rider
02-15-2007, 08:27 PM
im going to call them!!!!!

edog
02-15-2007, 08:43 PM
Just got in. :naughty:

Broke my Mouse,The thing melted on me.:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

team-red-rider
02-15-2007, 08:45 PM
lol hey we should call these people 86858598050 times a day....!!!

Howdy
02-16-2007, 09:56 AM
Over 9000 now. lmao
Howdy

mark38090
02-16-2007, 10:15 AM
Over 10000 now...

Yamada
02-16-2007, 10:39 AM
More than 11 000

Tri-ZNate
02-16-2007, 10:43 AM
good god, way to be guys

BigReds Forever
02-16-2007, 01:09 PM
should call the lawers and tell them you want them to help you with a case, that your livelyhood depended on 3 wheelers and when the cpsc told everyone they had to stop making them, you feel you get screwed. Or something like that, and see if theyd defend your case!

Bryan Raffa
02-16-2007, 01:49 PM
should call the lawers and tell them you want them to help you with a case, that your livelyhood depended on 3 wheelers and when the cpsc told everyone they had to stop making them, you feel you get screwed. Or something like that, and see if theyd defend your case!

:lol: :lol: :lol: See if you can sue the cpsc for loss of lively hood depended upon 3 wheelers...

atctim
02-16-2007, 02:20 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: See if you can sue the cpsc for loss of lively hood depended upon 3 wheelers...

Maybe we can all file a class action suit!:twisted:

I think the CPSC took away my rights as a tax paying citezen as well as corupted my teen years, and have "labeled" me as an Outlaw and a "Rebel"

ATC-Eric
02-16-2007, 02:27 PM
and have "labeled" me as an Outlaw and a "Rebel"

Its pretty easy to sue somebody due to hurt feelings! Im in!!! :beer