PDA

View Full Version : V Force Reed Valve

oldsking86
02-15-2007, 12:23 AM
Question,

Just got a V force reed valve off ebay and I'm sure it doesn't have the reeds, One I know for sure because it chipped and was thrown away. Right now I'm on a budget and can't afford to buy a new set, could I use the reeds on my 250r now even if they aren't Vforce ones? I know it won't perform like it should be better due to the cage itself being bette right?

edog
02-15-2007, 12:30 AM
Did you try fitting them on?

oldsking86
02-15-2007, 12:36 AM
No not yet, it's on it's way in the mail; hopefully be here tomorrow but I was wondering so I know if I can once they get here rather then tear it down and be wrong haha

cr480r
02-15-2007, 01:23 AM
The v-force cage uses twice as many reed petals. I doubt they will fit. I would wait till you can buy the correct replacement reeds to install it.

sandpuppi101
02-15-2007, 08:19 AM
Yeah ,you can "Not" use the reeds off of the stock R for the V-force,and another thing you need to check when you get the V-Force cage see what phase kit it 1,2 or 3 -,actually is.You should just get the correct one's that you need,they will make a noticable difference in your machine if you have it set up properly.I would buy an extra set while you are getting them,may be a bit pricey ,but you'll need them on a Sunday or something and won't be able to get em'-been there !!!