PDA

View Full Version : Pics of my 86 350x

brrcuda
02-14-2007, 02:32 PM
I just picked this bike up on Sunday. Drove to CT to get and i think it was totally worth it. The bike is pretty much original, no cracks in frame at all, original plastics, exhaust guard, etc.

Has a prm grab and skid plate which are nice. Tires are good enough for now, just cheapos. engine has been gone through with a new hone, piston and rings, as well as the tank and swingarm restored

my plans:

this will be my new rider in the woods. I am setting the black tri-z aside for a little while, which was my beater/rider.

This bike,like all my bikes will get the full cosmetic treatment. oem shrouds, fork boots, new maier plastics, maybe even a red clarke tank to keep the metal one in good shape.

I was skeptical about this purchase because i am a 2 stroke guy for the last 8 years. But the 350x has just enough power and speed to keep me happy and chugs right up the trails and over logs that my tri-z has dificulty with. Its not as explosive as the 2 stroke 250s but wasn't expecting it to be.

Only complaint:

sucks to start in the cold. Takes many kicks to get it warmed enough to go. Once it goes it starts on one kick from there.

84honda200s
02-14-2007, 02:41 PM
very nice pick up man. i think basically all 4 strokes are a royal pain the butt to start in the cold. thats why some people use 5w or 10w 30 during the winter.

ceaserthethird
02-14-2007, 03:29 PM
Can you take a few pictures of the all your 3 wheeler's looks like you have a nice collection !

Keep it up ...

the great gazoo
02-14-2007, 04:11 PM
Not too shabby, Paul. Where'd you find it? And of course, we all want to know how much it set you back.
I should be getting a 350X as well in a month or two......

brrcuda
02-14-2007, 05:27 PM
well gazoo I paid the average that seems to be for these bike. 1500 and i had to beat the guy down for it cause he was in no hurry or need to get rid of it. Its an 86 also, so i figure its a little more rarer. This should be the last bike for me. I think my collection is complete.

The 800-1000 dollar range seemed to be all junk that i've seen. The best deals that i have gotten lately have been on craigslist. Got this one in Hartford CT.

The good thing about this bike is that he went through the engine and swingarm which is the worst of it, so mechanically its very nice.

Its my show and go project. It will look great on the trails with all new plastics but i will ride the hell out it and not care about scratching it.

caeser - the only issue is i rarely have all bikes together to do a picture. I don't have a garage so i store some in my basement and others in the portable garage with a car. I'll see what i can do though.

random-strike
02-14-2007, 05:39 PM
hard starting cold is normal. might kick it a few times with the kill switch on.

total PITA :)

badass trike

scary132
02-14-2007, 07:01 PM
Nice trike! I like the Supertrapp. I just found one last month too. Only had to drive 40 miles. It was pretty much original except for tires. Shocks had been rebuild w/ new boots too. $1150! I sold the mud flap on ebay for $127 which pretty much paid for the new fenders. If you are buying new Maier fenders look at www.atvpartsdepot.com. Cheapest price I could find, $171.78 for both back and front w/ free shipping!! at my door in like 3 days.

Done so far: New front and rear fenders, used DG skid plate, new OEM tank shrouds, repainted the tank base/clear, all new reproduction decals.

Needs: PRM baja grab bar, rear axle bearings, warmer weather to ride it

edog
02-14-2007, 08:28 PM
You will love the pull that thing has!!!!!!!!!!!

brrcuda
02-15-2007, 06:29 AM
Nice trike! I like the Supertrapp. I just found one last month too. Only had to drive 40 miles. It was pretty much original except for tires. Shocks had been rebuild w/ new boots too. $1150! I sold the mud flap on ebay for $127 which pretty much paid for the new fenders. If you are buying new Maier fenders look at www.atvpartsdepot.com. Cheapest price I could find, $171.78 for both back and front w/ free shipping!! at my door in like 3 days.

Done so far: New front and rear fenders, used DG skid plate, new OEM tank shrouds, repainted the tank base/clear, all new reproduction decals.

Needs: PRM baja grab bar, rear axle bearings, warmer weather to ride it

wow - 1150. Deals are tough to come by like that here in new england. People around here can play the price game more. for example a few years ago, a 84 250r was selling 2k and 85 for 2.5k. for 2500. Both were sold in two weeks so they must have gotten close to the asking prices.

I won't buy a bike on ebay anymore unless it has a decent BIN. Just sick of the ebay these days.

3leggeddog
02-15-2007, 07:33 AM
nice bike man.350x's are great fun.one of the best wheelie machines i have ever been on.

sandpuppi101
02-15-2007, 08:45 AM
Your gonna love your new Thumper,I was a 2 stoke guy for years also and then my brother got his 350X,I was riding the trails on it and fell in love with how it handled.The 350 is by far the best trail machine I have ever owned,it does'nt beat you up like my R did.Not saying I did'nt like the R ,but for trails the thumper gets 5 stars..Nice machine too,yours too Scary..

brrcuda
02-15-2007, 11:16 AM
not scary at all sandpuppi. My tri-z was actually on the slow side. Just have to keep the rpms going and slip clutch constantly to ride the trails in new hampshire.

Just wanted a bike that i just hop on and go without wrenching it to get another 4 hours out of it. The 350x is definetly the ultimate trail bike. It loves to wheelie!!

mymint87
02-15-2007, 12:53 PM
don't mean to be picking fly poop out of pepper on ya partner but those aren't 86 rear rims:welcome:

brrcuda
02-15-2007, 06:01 PM
don't mean to be picking fly poop out of pepper on ya partner but those aren't 86 rear rims:welcome:

How do you know? Doesn't matter to me, but just wondering. There 9" and I thought were honda since they are rolled edges.

mymint87
02-15-2007, 06:20 PM
How do you know? Doesn't matter to me, but just wondering. There 9" and I thought were honda since they are rolled edges.

your rear rims don't match the front.....:postwhore :welcome:

the great gazoo
02-15-2007, 06:44 PM
Good God, Mymint, you've got one heck of an eye!

mymint87
02-15-2007, 07:44 PM
sucks to start in the cold. Takes many kicks to get it warmed enough to go. Once it goes it starts on one kick from there.

slow depress the kick starter......... cycling it through til' you hear the compression release "CLICK" then bring up kicker and stomp:welcome:

DeePa
02-16-2007, 10:47 AM
paul i got a set of 86 rear rims in good shape if you wanna trade em up

mike

edog
02-16-2007, 01:16 PM
I also had my eye on that 350X before you bought it.

brrcuda
02-16-2007, 02:19 PM
edog - nows the time to snag these up. Prices will start going up as riding season approaches.

Deepa - i should have some parts you might be interested in also. We'll talk. I need to clean out my excess parts from all the bikes. i'll have a pile of usable plastics from the 350x - i'll give them to you if interested.

350xman
02-16-2007, 02:46 PM
Hi Guys
Deepa if you don't sell or trade those 86 oem atc350x rear rims to brrcuda I ll buy them off of you because I am looking for a set for my 86 atc350x. PM me if you want to sell them once you know what your going to do.
Thanks 350xman