PDA

View Full Version : Found company that makes 350x swing arm pivot shaft and bearing kit

yamahauler/350x
02-14-2007, 02:42 AM
Hey just wanted to let everyone know that i found a company that makes swingarm pivot shaft kits for the 350x. comes with two new swingarm bearings, 2 new bearing end caps, 2 new seals, and the pivot shaft that is discountinued from honda. the company is allballsracing.com the part number is 28-1180. you can only get the kits from them for know. he said in about six months they should be available through all the normal distributors such as partunlimited and such. i just got my kit today and its a perfect match. i know everyone who has a 350x need a new pivot shaft. mine was trash. anyways just thought i would let ya all know.

SWIGIN
02-14-2007, 02:52 AM
thats cool....what you can do too is use a 250x kit and cut the tube down to the right length

yamahauler/350x
02-16-2007, 02:55 AM
guess no one is interested lol

dreadhed
02-16-2007, 07:07 PM
How much is the kit?

yamahauler/350x
02-16-2007, 08:45 PM
$49.95 comes with swing arm bearings, end caps that press in after the bearings, seals and pivot shaft.

yamahauler/350x
02-16-2007, 08:48 PM
they actually never offered the kit with a pivot shaft before cuz he didnt have the specs. i called him about the steering stem bearing kit i bought. we got to talking and he had me measure the dimensions of my shaft and cut one up. he sent me a whole kit for free. i have the very first shaft ever made lol. its a perfect match my bike was the guniea pig

Dirtcrasher
02-16-2007, 09:02 PM
$49.95 comes with swing arm bearings, end caps that press in after the bearings, seals and pivot shaft.

Not a bad price, but I'd still much rather go Delrin or UHMW and be done replacing them forever......

Whats XSystem using for material anyhow, anyone know????

yamahauler/350x
02-16-2007, 09:19 PM
delrin? uhmw? are those the plastic or nylon inserts? if so there still gonna wear.

Dirtcrasher
02-16-2007, 09:28 PM
Sorry, I souldn't say "forever" but they will last a long time and when they need to come out you won't need a sledge hammer and oxy/acetylene to get it apart and bubble the paint off of everything.

UHMW - Ultra High Molecular Weight
Delrin - Oil impregnated plastic

I started replacing bronze bushings in certain applications with plastics and nylons at my last job as a machinist and it was some real tough stuff.

I made 2 chain rollers out of green Delrin for my Ex Gf's Blaster. They never wore out or showed any signs of chain wear in 2 years. Only bad thing was you could hear them spinning away as you rode....

yamahauler/350x
02-16-2007, 09:31 PM
someone should make a chaing roller for the 350x out of that stuff. the factory one actually wears a groove in the frame and also gets eatin up by the chain. and of course there discontinued also lol

x.system
02-16-2007, 10:15 PM
Not a bad price, but I'd still much rather go Delrin or UHMW and be done replacing them forever......

Whats XSystem using for material anyhow, anyone know????

Where you the one asking me on ebay if I used UHMW? I've had a couple guys ask me that. I use Nylon this is what my plastic rep suggested when I told him what I was doing. You can get a variety of colors as well with this stuff. Its also harder than UHMW and has a higher melting point. Check out the data sheets for both. UHMW is used more in the food industry. If you want the actual name of the stuff I use pm me. I've got a drawer full of cut off if you need any small pieces.

Dirtcrasher
02-17-2007, 01:05 PM
Nope I wasnt' the guy on EBAY....

I had alot of sucess with oil impregnated Delrin, I just couldn't wear it out.

200x350xtriz250
02-17-2007, 01:13 PM
looks like a great price to me considering I paid $30 for just the bearings not long ago, and the shaft from honda is over $40, if it's not discontinued. thanx for the tip yamahauler/350x.