PDA

View Full Version : 350x valve adjustment help please

p26575r16
02-13-2007, 11:39 PM
I have just fired up the x for the first time since the rebuild and the valve train seems to be out of adjustment a little, it does not kick over very hard (I have no decompression cable) and it should I have a 12.5:1 pison in it. The head was just rebuilt and I know the valves do seat properly. I adjusted all the valves to exactly .08mm (.003in) like the manual states, and trust me I have a touch of ocd so I checked it many many times. I was wandering what you guys are adjusting your 350x's to. My engine has a wiseco 12.5:1 piston in it, other than that it is stock. Thanks

NOS_350X
02-14-2007, 01:37 AM
i leave mine way loose, compared to stock specs. more compression and a higher reving engine. if i rember right it was abuot double what the stock specs where.

p26575r16
02-14-2007, 01:45 AM
I'll give that a shot. Thanks

SWIGIN
02-14-2007, 01:52 AM
my aftermarket cam is spected for .004 intake .006 ex

sandpuppi101
02-14-2007, 07:19 AM
Sounds like an issue to me , NOS and Swingin are correct as far as the clearance as far as what your cam is.. Now something I did on a rush job for my brother was ,when I laid the rocker box on the head and tightened her down i had the decompression lever in the up rite position and with a new 10.5:1 ,thus leaving the exhaust valve open,I could bench /kick it over by hand .. something too look at -make sure the decompression lever is in correctly,you should almost be able to stand on the kicker and not move it with that piston set-up.Did you back off the rockers and check it with nothing on them??

p26575r16
02-14-2007, 10:04 PM
Sounds like an issue to me , NOS and Swingin are correct as far as the clearance as far as what your cam is.. Now something I did on a rush job for my brother was ,when I laid the rocker box on the head and tightened her down i had the decompression lever in the up rite position and with a new 10.5:1 ,thus leaving the exhaust valve open,I could bench /kick it over by hand .. something too look at -make sure the decompression lever is in correctly,you should almost be able to stand on the kicker and not move it with that piston set-up.Did you back off the rockers and check it with nothing on them??

I am certain that the decompression lever is in the correct position, However I will try to back off the rockers and try to kick it over to see what I've got. Thank you.