PDA

View Full Version : t3 getting close''

digity x
02-13-2007, 08:00 PM
well some parts came today, moose racing thumbthrottle dura blue wheelspacers new chain didnt install any of the things yet but soon just cant wait for pvl ignition and pipe to come.

BigGreenMachine
02-13-2007, 10:16 PM
Spent money on new grips/throttle cable and thumb throttle today on ebay. Twister has to go for tight trails I ride.

The PVL is going to rev like crazy, that thing is gonna buzz!

Time for motor mods!! lol Reeds, Aussie airbox lid, 39mm carb! It'll rip, make sure your crank is tight!

ccdhowell
02-13-2007, 10:26 PM
Coming along nicely. I'd say let's race to see who can get their Tecate running first, but nah...don't want to rush you or me. Nice work. Chris

digity x
02-14-2007, 10:55 AM
hey thanks got to take my time on this dont want to screw *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited* up, i love it and i hope it runs because if it dont after spending a whole lot of money on it for sale it goes without a doubt'' haah lol, just put more money into it. its got a 4 inch k-n air filter on it without the air box stock carb but slide spring was broke in half about 3/4' of the way up so i stretched it some seems to work a tad slow returning so a new carb will be next and vforce 3 reeds. hey what do you want for 400 bucks right.

ccdhowell
02-14-2007, 01:35 PM
Yeah, my carb is iffy too. Hoping that I can wait on the carb after putting this much money in it to clean it up and replace all the bearings and seals along with the little goodies that always cost too much.

I ordered some footpeg extensions that I really hope are waiting on me when I get home today, maybe they will be. That will be where I work tonight if it is. I took my swingarm apart Monday night and I'm taking it to see if I can get it sandblasted after work today.

I ordered a new throttle cable yesterday, and chain and rear sprocket. Practically everything is getting replaced, what's not is getting painted. I'll have a new trike when I get done. I hope i pull-off the look I'm going for. I am a car guy who got it lately to atvs. Always like the look of rat rods so I'm inspired to make my Tecate with the rat rod look, mostly black with alittle polished aluminum thrown it for good measure.

Keep up the good work, mine's not rolling yet, maybe by this weekend if I can get the axle out of the housing without too much trouble. Chris

digity x
02-14-2007, 06:01 PM
yeah im a car nut to chris would not trade my 400hp 79 nova for nothing, but i love this t3 so whatever it needs it will get. your tecate is sweet nice work gonna be hot. i hope mine turns out nice '' huge snow storm today so got to wait for tomarrow to send out payment for the ignition. im not going any place soon all snowed in.