PDA

View Full Version : Carb Problems, 86 200X

Bender
02-13-2007, 11:46 AM
When i start the trike its revs just about wide open. last time a rode it, it ran just fine. I let it sit for about 2 weeks before this happened. I really have no clue why it started to do this. It was really cold the 2 weeks i didnt ride it, one morning i think it got to 37 below! At first i thought the throttle was stuck but i took the air box off and i could see that the slide moved just fine. The idle screw doesnt change anything. I took the carb off and cleaned the jets. no change! I think the throttle slide may not be comming down all the way. How far from the bottem should it sit at idle? Any suggestions?

tripod
02-13-2007, 12:14 PM
37 Below!Holy *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited* i thought it was cold on L.I but thats nuts.I would check to make sure the cable isnt snagged on anything and routed properly.As for the opening of the slide at idle its very little give or take an 1/8inch.

Bender
02-13-2007, 12:18 PM
The cable is routed just fine and not hung up. i think a have more than an 1/8 inch gap.

Liquid-Darkness
02-13-2007, 01:14 PM
The throttle slide should be almost shut. Your pilot jet/mixture screw takes care of your idle. As for WOT at idle, maybe a lean condition from somewhere. Maybe you are sucking in lots of air. Other then that, check your carb and see that you have a needle jet that guides your needle into your carb when it opens. I know here with my 350x carb, the needle hung up at WOT. I took it apart and there was no needle jet to guide the needle back into the bowl. Now there is and its fine. Check that your needle is not bent at all. If its there and everything is cool, I would worry about your throttle cable.

Bender
02-13-2007, 04:05 PM
The needle is fine. The slide sits about a quarter inch up from completly closed, maybe more. I think this is my problem. How does this happen when nothing is different than before? Why isnt it sitting down like it should? Its like the cable got shorter overnight!

tripod
02-13-2007, 06:23 PM
If the slide is sticking open that much its most likely your problem.Check the free play at the throttle if its tight it could be pulling the slide up when you turn the bars my klt does it all the time.

chris200x
02-13-2007, 06:28 PM
Be sure to also check around the intake for an air leak.

Dirtcrasher
02-13-2007, 08:38 PM
Yep, my intake looks like the grand canyon. Just push on it either way and it has a bunch of cracks, Good luck finding a new one!!!!!!! If you do, share the source!!!!!

Bender
02-14-2007, 04:01 PM
My cable isnt tight and its routed the same as it was before. There is no difference when I turn the bars. I will check for leaks though.