PDA

View Full Version : Tecate Progress pics

ccdhowell
02-12-2007, 10:02 PM
I've been seeing the pics of the good looking T3s posted up lately, just thought I'd share my winter project Tecate with you guys.

I took it down to frame, stripped it and primed and painted it with POR15. Same for all frame pieces that attach and radiator guard, all in black. Polished the upper triple tree clamp, Took the engine apart to replace a leaking crank seal and put new rings in it.

For the first time I can see the trike, no grease or grime. I'm pretty happy with the way it's turning out.

I took the pics yesterday, tonight I put radiator hose on it. I went with the clear hose, with red stripe, with thread in it from Lowe's. Hope it holds up to the heat. The factory hoses are unavailable.

Tonight I also used my magic 4 lb short-handled slege hammer to take out the swingarm bearings. I am pumped, they were easy to remove, with that big hammer doing all the work!! Now I can clean it up and install the new plastic bushings I got from x.system.

Also notice the cool fork caps I got from yamahondaman.

:beer ,Chris

90nut
02-12-2007, 10:11 PM
Lookin great man! Keep up the good work. Gotta love the Tecate's:beer

BigGreenMachine
02-12-2007, 11:09 PM
Very nice! Like the small touches like the remote reserviour holder, new chain guide and seal savers. Small stuff makes all the difference in the world.

Aussieduner
02-12-2007, 11:51 PM
That lid should be arriving any day,trike looks awesome,nice gob !

ratvespa
02-13-2007, 01:06 AM
I want a tecate simply because of the name. Thats my favorite desert drinking beer.

well that, and for some reason kawasaki's have some how attached on to me, used to be a red man, now I ride a KZ1000 and have a kawi Turbo 750 project in the works.

edog
02-13-2007, 01:17 AM
:eek: :drool: :drool: :drool: