PDA

View Full Version : We're finally ice racing next weekend!!! The battle plastics are on and ready to go!!

ChrisD
02-10-2007, 07:06 PM
I released my R from its cocoon in the basement. It went in there a year ago for a complete rebuild and is ready to go teach some golf carts a lesson again!!! I put the battle plastics on and took it out for a ride today. Man o man, I haven't ice raced in 2 years and can't wait.

I included a before and after.....

Billy Golightly
02-10-2007, 07:14 PM
I see you picked up a new front tire Chris :) I got to get one of those Paul Turner pipes and ditch my old FMF. Your R looks great and I'm sure you'll be kicking ass out there.

ChrisD
02-11-2007, 07:35 AM
I did. Thanks for the idea Billy. We'll see how well it holds studs. I bought 2 of them, one to stud, one for the summer.

bushwacker51
02-11-2007, 10:14 AM
That is one great looking ride. Thanks for the pictures I enjoyed viewing them. Give those quads hell on the ice. Glenn O.

Meat-BoX
02-11-2007, 11:27 AM
Where are these Ice Races? Im not set up as I figured winter would never show up and the Ice wouldnt be thick enough. Need a foot for this guy. I would race If I could get a set of 10" 4x156 Rims with 18-20" tires to stud up. And a front setup. Ive been really wanting to ice race again. I can remember weekends with up to 100 riders out on the lake getting crazy. The 500cc dirtbikes were the class to watch back then. Will there be more Ice Racing? I would like to race a few weekends if possible. I just dont know if I can swing it. Need them rims and tires. Any N.Y.'s into doing some Ice Racing? Lets get together and race some cold ass flat track, Northern Style:w00t:
Aussie, send me a Plate for my Tecate and I will run it through the Extreme cold test fit test. Will find out if the G Forces of going in High Speed Circles, bustin slightly sideways at 10 degrees with a wind chill of 20 below will harm the Aussie Repro.:beer

I just Noticed the Greenwood Lake Cam. You need to set up racing in front of the cam so we can all watch.:beer

Liquid-Darkness
02-11-2007, 03:12 PM
I need some tires like those for my 350x.

Bryan Raffa
02-27-2007, 09:23 PM
chris how is the racein going? any pics?