PDA

View Full Version : 85 ATC250R Rear Brake Link Bushings

c00t3r
02-09-2007, 11:27 AM
A couple weeks ago I got the rear caliper and bracket done on my trike (polished) and I went to the Honda dealer to get all the stuff to reassemble the rear brakes, pistons, seals, pins, etc. I was quite dissappointed to find out that the bushings for the link that runs from the swingarm to the caliper bracket are no longer produced, at least according to the dealer I go though. So, I went to the local machine shop and bought a piece of aluminum, chucked it, and turned some bushings. It came out so nice that I made two extra sets. Is anyone interested in buying a set from me for $15 shipped? I figured if I had this problem some of you guys probably have too. Right now I have two sets made up and I can make more if there are more than two ppl out there that want them. I'll have to get more material but thats no problem, theres a machine shop less than five minutes away. The first two sets will be shipped right away, preferably not to a newbie, I'd like them to be put on the trike right when you recieve them, so I can get feedback about fitment. All three sets fit my bike perfect, but I realize that might not be the case with others. I know of no one else here in BFE Northern MI who has an R to try them on. If they fit good and you like them then you can send me the money. They are a machined finish and can easily be polished, and I think they look a whole lot better than the stockers did. I'll take some pics of them on the bike later on, camera batteries died on me, but for now I have some pics of the bushings. Please let me know if I'm stepping on anyone's toes, (yamahondaman, sprock, etc.), I haven't seen anyone making these particular parts, and I'm not a business trying to get rich, I just thought I'd offer and see what happens. Thanks a lot guys.

Mosh
02-09-2007, 01:59 PM
A couple weeks ago I got the rear caliper and bracket done on my trike (polished) and I went to the Honda dealer to get all the stuff to reassemble the rear brakes, pistons, seals, pins, etc. I was quite dissappointed to find out that the bushings for the link that runs from the swingarm to the caliper bracket are no longer produced, at least according to the dealer I go though. So, I went to the local machine shop and bought a piece of aluminum, chucked it, and turned some bushings. It came out so nice that I made two extra sets. Is anyone interested in buying a set from me for $15 shipped? I figured if I had this problem some of you guys probably have too. Right now I have two sets made up and I can make more if there are more than two ppl out there that want them. I'll have to get more material but thats no problem, theres a machine shop less than five minutes away. The first two sets will be shipped right away, preferably not to a newbie, I'd like them to be put on the trike right when you recieve them, so I can get feedback about fitment. All three sets fit my bike perfect, but I realize that might not be the case with others. I know of no one else here in BFE Northern MI who has an R to try them on. If they fit good and you like them then you can send me the money. They are a machined finish and can easily be polished, and I think they look a whole lot better than the stockers did. I'll take some pics of them on the bike later on, camera batteries died on me, but for now I have some pics of the bushings. Please let me know if I'm stepping on anyone's toes, (yamahondaman, sprock, etc.), I haven't seen anyone making these particular parts, and I'm not a business trying to get rich, I just thought I'd offer and see what happens. Thanks a lot guys.I will by 1 set right now. pm me with payment info.thanks

c00t3r
02-09-2007, 05:40 PM
heres some pics on the bike.