PDA

View Full Version : whats happening here???????

monstertruckr81
02-08-2007, 04:26 PM
ok i recently bought a used 350x motor. when i bought it we had to switch the stator from my old bike and the kicker shaft over when we had the cases open every thing looked super clean like the motor only had a couple of hrs on it if that. now the problem is after i installed every thing it dosent want to start. so after about an hour of kicking it i decided to pull start it so we did and it started and it runs smooth has pretty good throttle response but if u dont keep fethering the throttle itll die so i took the carb off and looked at the float and its moving freely but i have a leak coming from the carb some where like the over flow tube and its squirting gas out towards the airbox any insight might help
the motor has plenty of compression

SYKO
02-08-2007, 04:30 PM
floats are set to high, or the float needle is sticking, possibly from trash. take your carb apart about 20+ more times and clean it, and adjsut the float.

3leggeddog
02-08-2007, 04:31 PM
your floats may be adjusted to far open,and never fully shut off.did you disassemble the carb,and make sure the pilot jet,main jet,anf idle screw are clean,and not plugged up?if the needle and seat are worn,this will also cause the floats to never close fully

madmanwithmouse
02-08-2007, 05:05 PM
ive seen a plug of leaves in the needle/seat, and it wouldnt get hardly anything into the carb... but you say its overflowing, so sounds like what everone elese is saying float to high.

monstertruckr81
02-08-2007, 10:53 PM
ok how do i adjust the floatcause from what i see there is only a pin that keeps it in place and should the slide be open slightly ?

InPiEcEs
02-08-2007, 11:40 PM
If you look at the floats where that pin is.......you will see a tab that rests on the inlet needle.
With the carb upside down, bend that tab down slightly, so that it puts the floats lower in the bowl, (which would raise the float from the upside down position).
This will put the fuel at a lower level in the bowl.
The floats act just like the one in your toilet. As the level rises the float rises, until the valve shuts off the flow.

monstertruckr81
02-10-2007, 02:42 PM
ok cleaned out the carb and she still wont start
i have the mixture screw set at about 1 3/4 turns out main jet and pilot jets are clean now where do i turn
i looked down the throat of the carb at WOT and it has a fine mist in the intake
the bike starts if you pop start it but wont start by kicking it i checked for spark and theres plenty :wondering :wondering :wondering :wondering
the other prob lem im having is that the decompression cable wont work all the time (so its making it hard as h**l to kick

monstertruckr81
02-10-2007, 02:43 PM
oh yeah after i cleaned out the carb the fuel quit leaking out
and its not coming out of the front of the carb any more
i think the pilot has a 42 stamped on it and i didnt see a # on the main

84honda200s
02-10-2007, 03:42 PM
my s did that same exact thing. all i did was clean the carb and readjust the float and it never did it again.