PDA

View Full Version : 250R intake manifold help, revisited, this time with pics

ratvespa
02-06-2007, 07:56 PM
ok, got pic's this time. here is my problem, my intake manifold is cracked and aged, I need a new one, problem is, all the honda parts diagrams dont show it set up like mine is. I know mine has a 300cc kit on it, but I do not know what type (cam with it)

http://members.cox.net/ratvespa/250rsm1.jpg

http://members.cox.net/ratvespa/250rsm2.jpg

http://members.cox.net/ratvespa/250r.jpg

any ideas?

also, is that carb stock? and is the boost bottle?
I need to make a better mount for the carb, I think thats what caused it to crack the first time.

Billy Golightly
02-06-2007, 08:43 PM
You've got an aftermarket DICO brand intake setup with a larger diameter Mikuni carb setup from the looks of it along with a makeshift "boost bottle". State of the art, circa 1984 but not so much anymore :lol: I doubt you'd be able to find a replacement boot for it now a days. If I was in your posistion, I'd upgrade to an 85-86 Boot (same bolt pattern but angled to the left) and run a newer PWK or atleast a PJ carb. You'll be using more update pieces that will be easier to replace or repair in the future. Not mention you can do away with the boost bottle mess.

deathman53
02-06-2007, 09:02 PM
I'd bet you can use a adapter that is sold for different sized carbs for blasters. I have seen blasters with aluminuim bodies and bot-on rubber flanges. I think pro-design sells them and I know Sudco sells them.

edog
02-06-2007, 09:20 PM
Time to clean the Filter.

ratvespa
02-06-2007, 09:31 PM
Time to clean the Filter.

yeh, the whole trike needs a bath. I actually cleaned the filter like 2 trips ago. I kinda wish it had the stock air filter on it, they seem to stay a lot cleaner.

edog
02-06-2007, 09:43 PM
Do you Oil it?

ratvespa
02-06-2007, 09:44 PM
looks like sudco has the manifolds. If I just replace the manifold, can I just cap off the boost bottle? or should I leave it on.

I'll probably go with what billy suggested once I have some spare funds, and finish the 2 projects I have ahead of it, I just need it to get me through this season.

firefirefire90
02-06-2007, 10:13 PM
That isnt a makeshift boost bottle. That is a TRUE boost bottle! I think it is in the wrong place..but then again..I have the same one. How did you mount it up? It has been proven the boost bottle doesn't really work, but it is supposed to increase throttle response. I am going to put mine on. If you don't want that manifold, there is one right under your nose :D

I have no idea how I am going to mount mine. Looks good though. Good luck.

ratvespa
02-06-2007, 10:21 PM
That isnt a makeshift boost bottle. That is a TRUE boost bottle! I think it is in the wrong place..but then again..I have the same one. How did you mount it up? It has been proven the boost bottle doesn't really work, but it is supposed to increase throttle response. I am going to put mine on. If you don't want that manifold, there is one right under your nose :D

I have no idea how I am going to mount mine. Looks good though. Good luck.

mine came with it on already, looks like just a simple strap (those rubber coated straps have a fancy name, but I cant remember what it is) Looks like it's bolted to one of the frame holes that probaly held the stock air box.

RCGUY
02-06-2007, 10:31 PM
if sudco dosen't have what you need you should beable to find one off an older sled that will work, because most 70's sleds had a manifold that bolted on like that .