PDA

View Full Version : Tiger Jugs-r.a.v.e Or Not?

iowarotax
02-05-2007, 08:32 PM
I'm starting to put together my 250 engine and I was wondering if any of the Tiger owners out there has seen this jug with the R.A.V.E. valve on it? I'm not sure if I want to put this jug on, or the normal one. What are the advantages of the R.A.V.E?

erectordale
02-05-2007, 09:08 PM
I have 1 with the r.a.v.e. on it sleeves are not avaible for them any more. R.A.V.E. is supposed too give it a little quicker response it's the same as a power valve on a honda. This is another 1 of Rotax's early designs that lead to everyone else building because it helped performance

iowarotax
02-06-2007, 12:17 AM
I think I'm going to put the rave cylinder on a extra 250 engine. I am missing the cover for the top of the rave valve. I have been looking around for the cover, but might have to buy the whole valve to get the cover. These two jugs are pretty much the same, but have a few casting changes. The rave must have been some of the last liquids that Rotax made, as far as motorcycle engines.

200xman
02-06-2007, 07:55 AM
This might be a little off topic but I know SEA DOO jet skis used Rotax engines with the RAVE valve system. You might be able to pick something up cheap on Ebay. You might also be able to get parts new at a SEA Doo dealer. The skis are all 2/3 cylinder but the valves look the same.

iowarotax
02-06-2007, 10:29 AM
Yeah I've seen a few on snowmobiles too. I'm tring to get just the cover and plug, but I might have to buy the complete valve. Heres a pic, if anyone has an old one lying around let me know.