PDA

View Full Version : 250 polaris thinking of buying "yes or no"

honda 4h
02-04-2007, 03:41 PM
i have been looking at a 250 polaris 3wheeler in good con.are the bikes good or stay away. are parts hard to find. this is the first time i ever seen one not in a pic.the guy is asking $700bucks or bo with 3 new tires.

hondaracer11
02-04-2007, 04:50 PM
i would say go for it. i think the 250 was the polaris scrambler if im right. im pretty sure they are hard to find these days.

SYKO
02-04-2007, 05:17 PM
i think the motor/trans, will still interchange with alot of the 250 quad parts, and the fron tend was a 200x knock off or somehting like that, well does it really matter about finding parts for an order machine if your worried abotu that get something new, but if it was me I would be getting that trike, I always wanted one but they are unheard of down here in the south.

85hondaatc125m
02-04-2007, 05:54 PM
Id easily buy a polaris scrambler for that price, from what I have heard about them they are awsome machines and the PVT is very nice, I owned a quad that was the 4 wheeled version of the scrambler and it was a freat machine, had a strong engine and alot of power, ill try and find an old post about them, there is even a video to it.

85hondaatc125m
02-04-2007, 05:59 PM
here are some links that have some information about the scramblers
http://www.3wheelerworld.com/polaris.shtml
and here is the link with the video
http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/showthread.php?t=41117&highlight=polaris+video
so in my opinion I would definately say "yes"

ccdhowell
02-04-2007, 06:14 PM
That video is cool and so are the Polaris ATVs in it. In 88, I bought a Trail Boss 250. I took allot of ribbing from my friends, most of which had Hondas. I really liked the PVT and the rest of the quad. It had a 250 2-stroke, but looking back it must have been detuned cause it wasn't what you would call powerfull, or fast. It was steady, could beat a Big Red in a drag, but not by much. It must have been the way the engine and the PVT enteracted, it didn't have an explosive powerband, I don't remember it "coming on the pipe" the way my Tecate does.

All in all, it would be great fun to own the Scrambler. I say buy it and take it from there. They made that engine and trans for a long time, parts can't be that hard to obtain. Good luck and keep us posted. Chris

Howdy
02-04-2007, 06:34 PM
i think the motor/trans, will still interchange with alot of the 250 quad parts, and the fron tend was a 200x knock off or somehting like that, well does it really matter about finding parts for an order machine if your worried abotu that get something new, but if it was me I would be getting that trike, I always wanted one but they are unheard of down here in the south.

Actually only the older Tranny's inner change, The newer ones are different. The front end is a Yamaha 225. Nothing Honda on the machine.

Some New Parts for these are getting very very hard to find. I have 4 1985-86 P3's and 1 85 Quad. I also have collected quite a few parts for my machines. $700 isn't a bad price as long as the elecrtic starter and charging system works properly. The starter is a pain to replace.
Howdy

honda 4h
02-05-2007, 12:07 PM
i going to offer the old lad $500 he did say the starter solinoid is bad but starts up on 1 or 2 pull.the bike it looks like brand new.im a honda man i will see what the polaris is all about.if i dont like it should be able to get my cash out fo it.i wonder where it came from. i will ask the old man.hope to pick it up today i will post some pics

Dirtcrasher
02-05-2007, 12:23 PM
I'd buy the Polaris to part out and get yourself a Honda...

trikes4life
02-05-2007, 02:04 PM
I'd buy the Polaris to part out and get yourself a Honda...

HAHAHA thats what would do....

MIK6
02-05-2007, 10:11 PM
Make sure the trans is full!!! I know they are getting hard to find. Also make sure you don't ride it w/ bad swinger bushings, the front swinger mounts into the trans. Bad bushings can cause the trans case to crack.
I will be needing to do a starter on my P3 soon. I'll have to give you a call and walk me thru it HOWDY, it prob won't be till spring.

GOOD LUCK W/ THE P3
MIK6 / Mike