PDA

View Full Version : help with a 225dx

yamadude
02-03-2007, 08:45 PM
just bought a nice 225 dx, very cool trike, but i bought it not running, got it running but have one problem i think i know the answer, but hoping someone might have another, runs well but idles up and down and spudders throught the carb think it needs valve job and proboly new rings amaybe just a new top end but dont want to tear it apart yet. anyone have and ideas?

edog
02-03-2007, 10:52 PM
1.:welcome: to the board.

2.Do you have a Manual?

3.Need :pics:

4.Adjust Valves,if that don't work then is sounds like a Carb problem.

Mike_Ham_250R
02-03-2007, 10:54 PM
1.:welcome: to the board.

2.Do you have a Manual?

3.Need :pics:

Sounds like a Carb problem.
I agree. But if it pours out black smoke it could need a valve adjustment.

WIkid500
02-03-2007, 10:57 PM
Welcome to the forum.

Edog has a nice 225. We want pic's for yours!

My ytm-200 sometimes will cough (backfire) through the carb. I am ignoring it untill this summer when it gets rebuilt.

I don't know what it is exactly. But I am lead to the valves/ cam/ rockers causing this.

mark38090
02-04-2007, 12:04 PM
My latest YTM200 does the same... I found the o-ring between the carb and the intake is ripped...

Huffa
02-04-2007, 12:20 PM
My latest YTM200 does the same... I found the o-ring between the carb and the intake is ripped...

You may have marks problem, up & down idle spells air leak because it is getting a unstable or fluxuating fuel mixture and is lean which can be really bad for the motor.

Run it at idle with the problem acting up, spray WD-40 around all carb areas and cylinder base mating surface area, if the ide steadies out for a split second when spraying, you found the area where problem is.

This has worked for me a few times and not saying that it IS your problem, just seems like a good possibility though.

dufrain
02-04-2007, 12:56 PM
The intake manifold is bad alot of times on these things,The rubber seperates from the aluminum.Black smoke usually means too much gas.Clean the carb out good and set the air screw to spec while you are inspecting the intake manifold.Dont forget to clean out the air filter to. When you need rings and a valve job the smoke will be blue and stink like burning oil. Do a compression test will tell