PDA

View Full Version : Found a Full 86 Tecate Roller minus motor, seat, rear fender and rear caliper $150

Meat-BoX
02-02-2007, 10:41 PM
I just called on a 86 Tecate 250 That was in the swap sheet here. The guy is the original owner and he was having work done on it and some fools stole it. He said they were pushing it away and it folded in half because the rear swingarm bolt was loose because he was doing the motor. The theives left it in the field and took some parts off of it. He says its all there but the motor, rear fender, seat and rear caliper. I asked about the shrouds and he says they are on it along with the radiators. He wants $150 for the whole thing. I dont have the money really but I think I should go take a look at it and I might get it for that price. I dont think I can pass up a complete roller with most of the parts on it. Its been sitting nice and dry in a barn for the last 10 years. We shall see tomorrow. Of course this will cut into my 1st gen Tecate or 86 200x but I just cant help myself. Im a damn Trike Hound and I love them Tecates. Sound good for $150? Anything I should look for to see if I may be getting into something bad like my 1st Tecate? Worse comes to worse I can part it out if I put myself into a bigger hole than I am in now.:crazy:

thefox
02-02-2007, 11:39 PM
Too bad I wasn't home, if I was you wouldn't have that problem because it would be in my garage already lol. Of course I don't have the extra money either but when deals come along (and this sounds like a great deal!) you can always scrap a few $$4 from somewhere. Go get it.

Maico
02-03-2007, 03:37 AM
If you pick that Tecate up and decide to part it...put me down for the right side radiator shroud and overflow bottle if they're any good.

scooterroo
02-03-2007, 11:17 AM
hey meatbox, where is it located? heck i'll shell out the 150, be nice to have a second gen t3 for a project. the 85's nearing completion so i am gonna need another project. pm me with the info if its still available.

Meat-BoX
02-03-2007, 12:21 PM
I will believe it when I see it but from what he's saying I might just finally get lucky and get a good deal for once. The Tank was stolen also:(
I guess we will find out in a few hours.

Bryan Raffa
02-03-2007, 12:34 PM
go get it!!!!! talk him down to $100 keep what ya need and sell the rest!

Klondike1020
02-03-2007, 01:12 PM
Yeah id pay 150 for a roller all day
seems like good deals are few and far between
and id love a tecate project
go for it if you guys dont let me know
good luckj

Enigma
02-03-2007, 01:28 PM
If you pick that Tecate up and decide to part it...put me down for the right side radiator shroud and overflow bottle if they're any good.

Damn you I want the radiator overflow!! :mad: What the hell happened to all the overflow tanks? The one on my 86 is missing, as is my bros 85 and I got a roller 84 a while back and it was missing on that one too. :wondering

Well if you do get it and part is out I call dibs on the coil if its there.

250rulzes
02-03-2007, 01:57 PM
Maico's going to be angry but I got first dibs on the overflow...chances are it's gone though?

Meat-BoX
02-03-2007, 02:12 PM
Like i said he said only the motor, seat, rear fender, tank and rear caliper are gone. The rest is there and supposabley in real good shape

Meat-BoX
02-03-2007, 03:18 PM
His wife blew her knee out and is in a wheelchair. His motherinlaw didnt show up to help so he said we could go on sunday
I guess some people have called about it but dont want it because it has no motor. I told him I will definatly buy it tomorrow if its as nice as he says. I have a habit of things getting sold out from under me when its something I really want, so I told him I have the money and will be buying it.
I know I want to keep it but Im so broke I know more than likely I will be reselling it or parting it out. Not 100% sure but thats a possibillity. Will have pics of it tomorrow night. Hang tight people. 86 T3 is on the way.:w00t:

MIK6
02-03-2007, 06:47 PM
You know I am interested in it if your not. If you grab it I can help you out w/ any info you need.

GOOD LUCK
MIK6 / Mike

OZQUAD44
02-04-2007, 12:02 AM

Hornetpowersports does real nice R/H radiator shrouds for the 86/7 T3

won't an ovewrflow bottle of a Kawasaki dirt bike fit?

scooterroo
02-05-2007, 09:41 AM
hey meatbox, sent you another pm, just let me know whats what. post up some pics of the thing, i dont care what it looks like!!!!!!!!!!

scooterroo
02-05-2007, 10:49 PM
Damn you I want the radiator overflow!! :mad: What the hell happened to all the overflow tanks? The one on my 86 is missing, as is my bros 85 and I got a roller 84 a while back and it was missing on that one too. :wondering

Well if you do get it and part is out I call dibs on the coil if its there.

84-85 didnt have an overflow bottle on them, just a drainage tube.

Meat-BoX
02-06-2007, 07:29 PM
Well it looks like Scooterroo is going to buy it. He was on me fast and hard and being that he was pretty excited about it, I am selling it to him for a pretty good price. He wont be disappointed. I picked it up and just figure anything plastic is shot. Other than that its all there and solid. Even has a Twist throttle:w00t:
Mike, I wish I had thought of you but I figured you had Tecates coming out of your ears. Let me know if you want to sell that 350x:naughty:

cragster
02-06-2007, 07:54 PM
Thats good to know lol. Have fun with the tecate lol. A bit off topic but i always thought that scooterroo's name was scooter-poo lmao i dont know maybe im just burntout or something lol :lol:

brrcuda
02-06-2007, 07:58 PM
Alright - lets see it.

The boys in NY are loco for Tecates.

Its cool to hear about the rescued ones - especially an 86 tecate. Nice knowing someone here will be bringing another one back to life for us to admire.
:beer

Meat-BoX
02-07-2007, 11:45 AM
Its still in the back of my truck. Been snowing since I picked it up. I think I may be able to borrow a camera tonight or tomorrow. I got to take a good look at it yesterday while the sun was out at work and shes a real nice roller. I will get some pics soon I hope. Im glad I didnt have to part it out. I hate to see Trikes Tore down for profit. Its good to make some money but parting out a complete Trike is a sin in my eyes. Do that and thats another Trike gone forever. I would of felt bad if I had to tear this one down.

200x newby
02-07-2007, 08:54 PM
just think you tear down one to save another! its kinda like surgery your helpin another almost complete trike get back together again!

Maico
02-08-2007, 07:24 AM
just think you tear down one to save another! its kinda like surgery your helpin another almost complete trike get back together again!

I hear ya brother. That's why I decided to part the 2 '86 rollers I have. Sure...I could have taken the 2 and made 1 but there were guys in need of parts. Parting 2 to save many was the right thing to do. It's like being an organ donor if you should die. Many live for your sacrifice. LOL!!

scooterroo
02-08-2007, 09:33 AM
scooter-poo, lol. thats funny. meat will be getting the funds to you asap, i have your paypal address and will send you the payment hopefully tomorrow night. but watching the news looks like you guys got slammed with snow again. i think i heard something like 3 feet of lake effect snow, damn. gonna try and see what i can do this weekend about coming up out to get it, forecast is looking good so far, not much snow. if i cant make it this weekend do you mind holding on to it for another week or whatever? this bikes gonna be getting the same treatment as my 85, strip it to the frame and restore it to the best of my ability. plastics are no big deal as long as i can find a tank for it. i already have my eyes on the new front and rear fenders for it. and i might even have a motor to drop in it sooner theni expected as well. damn, if i make it to trike fest im gonna be rolling up with both t3's. now i gotta find me a nice 88 t4 to complete my collection, hehehehehe.

digity x
02-08-2007, 05:22 PM
you mite want to start saving some big bucks scooterrpoo cause with my t3 and my 200x there wont be much room in the van for 2 more t3's maybe we will rent a dexter van thats empy hahahahaaaa lol,

scooterroo
02-08-2007, 05:33 PM
hahahaha, now thats funny digity. one way or the other, if we do go, both bikes will be coming along.

scooterroo
02-09-2007, 05:06 PM
hey meatbox, you have a pm!!! :beer

digity x
02-09-2007, 07:03 PM
wow 3 tecates 1 200x cant see this happening but stranger crap has happened. if it happens?

SpeedBump
02-09-2007, 07:39 PM
now i gotta find me a nice 88 t4 to complete my collection, hehehehehe.
$2500 Sprock 330 kit, Burgard +3s, Durablue Axle, Protapers, Works Shocks, beadlocks and some other stuff as well. Lemme know if ya want it. A friend has it and is selling it. I want some of the stuff off it for mine, but got other projects lined up for now.

scooterroo
02-09-2007, 10:01 PM
oh its soooo tempting, just got taxes done tonight too. but i think the wife would have something to say about. lol, shes already on my case about the three i have. soon enough though, i will have one.