PDA

View Full Version : What have I got ? It's a yamaha 200

SGTCOFFEE
04-21-2003, 09:46 PM
I know its a yamaha 200 but i am not sure of the year would it be 84 or 83.
Also would like to know where I can find parts and online manuels for fixxing it??
It runs ok now but sounds like the valves are rataling.
Also would like to know how do I adjust the idle. it wont idle by itself!

trikerider2oo7
04-22-2003, 08:54 PM
To adjust the idle there should be a screw on the carb. Turn the screw until it idles good.

SGTCOFFEE
04-22-2003, 11:25 PM
there are two screws ! one is a phillips head and the other is a standard head. which one? one of them is at the base of where the throtle cable screws in at the top of the carb?
also have a new prob it trys to die when i give it trhotle i can tap the trotle and keep it running or sqeez the air intake tub and it runs like it should?????????? any help will be appreciated !!!
this is my first trik and im trying to get it trail ready, over all its in good shape i did a plastic restore today its gona look real good when i wax it!!

trikerider2oo7
04-23-2003, 05:41 PM
It will be the standard screw to adjust idle.

plkmonster2
04-23-2003, 08:33 PM
sounds lean. try it with the choke on. btw, i have a 200 and the idle screw is the one with the finger gripy things on it, and it is brass colored.

SGTCOFFEE
04-24-2003, 12:59 AM
O.K. you where both right it was lean and it was the standard screw!!
THANKS alot for the help guys!!!!
I have no lights , tail or head , is that the magneto? the bulbs tested good.
Is there any other sites on the web where i can get info on this trik?
I have confirmed the model is 1983.
The plastic restore was very satisfactory i will try to get some pics up for you all to see,spiffy lil machine for what I paid fo it , $0.00.
and to think the guy told me it was hopeless!!
I am gona have to do some valve work and a head gasket i think not sure on that one yet just now geting it to wher it will run long enough to ride lol. THIS IS FUN THOW!!!
THANX AGAIN GUYS!!!
:D

plkmonster2
04-24-2003, 01:38 AM
your switch or wires may be cut.... check it with a ohmeter