PDA

View Full Version : 86 250r stock pipe

cyal8er
01-31-2007, 11:04 AM
I did some searching but could not find the answer to my question, do you have to periodically clean out the stock pipe and silencer on a 250r?
I bought my 86 just recently with a FMF pipe on there now but the guy gave me the stock exhaust too and I'd like to use it now and then for noise levels depending where I'm riding. The stock pipe looks clean but I'm wondering if disassembly and cleaning would help it some. If so what would you recommend cleaning it with? thanks!

dufrain
01-31-2007, 11:38 AM
If its like the 4 strokes,you are just supposed to have it on the bike and take off the little plate on the bottom rear of the pipe.You then rev up the bike and blow out the carbon.Use a good synthetic oil in the right ratio with good jetting should minimize the junk in there

ceaserthethird
01-31-2007, 12:09 PM
use a Pressure washer , Use some type of carb cleaner first ....

Then repack the silencer ... your done

.................................................. .....................................

cyal8er
01-31-2007, 12:26 PM
use a Pressure washer , Use some type of carb cleaner first ....

Then repack the silencer ... your done

.................................................. .....................................

Ok thanks for the info. Can I use some repacking material from my FMF silencer that I already have or does it have to be special packing?

SYKO
01-31-2007, 12:33 PM
just pick up some fresh packing from the local dealer its usually under 10 beans

ceaserthethird
01-31-2007, 12:39 PM
I like to use the 4 stroke re-packing Material - It's Heavy Duty

cyal8er
01-31-2007, 02:11 PM
ok thanks for the help guys, appreciate it:p