PDA

View Full Version : KX cylinder repair

DixiePlowboy
01-31-2007, 09:43 AM
I've got a KX cylinder for my '85 Tecate that needs to be re-sleeved. There is slight damage to the casting at the bottom of the intake side where it looks like whatever damaged the sleeve also pushed the sleeve into the casting. the area in need of repair is about a 1/16" -1/8" in size.

It has been ported.

My question is who can I send it to for needed repairs that can also evaluate the porting specs I have, and possibly(if needed) alter it for flattrack use? This cylinder/decked head combo had this '85 running in the 7's in the 1/8 beneath a previous owner.

A 300 kit is in the works for me.....timeframe depending on the cost/power effectiveness of fixing this one vs. going ahead and buying the 300 kit.

Billy Golightly
01-31-2007, 09:59 AM
Corey Sprock has some sleeving connections and I'm sure can you hook up with the correct porting. Might give him a shout.

DixiePlowboy
01-31-2007, 10:16 AM
Thanks Billy.

That's what I'll do. If anyone knows the dyno figures of the KX maxed out vs. his 300 kit maxed out, it's probably him. Money's tight enough that I considered riding something a little cheaper in the meantime.

I'll most likely save the extra pennies for the big bore up front....do it right the first time.

BigGreenMachine
01-31-2007, 10:35 AM
The 300 Kit will kill the KX250 cylinder, that coming from Corey.

DixiePlowboy
01-31-2007, 10:46 AM
I like the sound of that!