PDA

View Full Version : First gen. VFORCE reed valve?

rustyhondas
01-30-2007, 05:51 PM
i just picked up a set of good used Vforce reeds.

i uderstand there good for topend . that is fine with me.

i have read about some breaking reeds.but i only can find reading material on the newer 2 and 3 reed valves.

can any of you tell me about the originals?

i will be running a reed spacer/38mm airstriker/ 265cc engine.

1986 250r 3 wheeler

deathman53
01-30-2007, 06:15 PM
I had one, I liked it. I got rid of it, the person who got wasn't able to find new reeds for it. It was top end, I had them for about 2 years, no breaking of reeds. I had v-force 2 reeds break on me.

rustyhondas
01-30-2007, 07:05 PM
i geuse i will throw it in the trash can when it goes bad.

any one else running this thing on the site?

i like to read as much as i can about this sort of thing,

rustyhondas
02-02-2007, 12:57 PM
Well I got a hold of Vforce and they told me that what I have is a Vforce 2.

They said the original Vforce or what I am calling a Vforce 1 was for snowmobiles only.

And even though my reed valve does not say 2 on it and is not black, it is still what they would call a Vforce 2 . I told them it is grey with a purple Vforse sticker on it and they said yep thats the one,it's a 2 and that it is a very good reed and that actualy some racers prefer it over the 3 even. So i am pleased.

They did say that there have been a few reports of the screws coming out of them,but that it was very rare.I asked if i should locktight them and she told me that some people do but Vforce does not specify that it is needed.

I think that the screws can come out of any reed from time to time.it doesent happen to every one but i can happen.It has never happend to me , but i allways locktight mine. i have only ever used boyesen power reeds in the past on everything. i liked those to.