PDA

View Full Version : My 200X mods

freaksfix
01-26-2007, 04:41 PM
Well, I took it out of storeage and pulled the motor apart to see whats done to it... The motor seemed torky for a 200X so I wanted to see what was done... The carb is Keihin DG28AYG 28min front side 30mil slide and 43 mil on the back side of the carb, and its running a 142 main jet, vs a 24mil carb with a 110 mian (i think).. It has what looks to be an aftermarket intake or the rubber has been striped off of the stock one, its 28mil inside and so is the intake port but I dont know what size these are stock.. The pipe is a Phase Five and its 33mil inside vs the 25mil stock... The cam has no markings so im guessing it stock. I dont what size the stock valves are but this one has a 30 mil intake and a 25mil exhaust. The piston looks to be a high copmression, it has some deep cuts for the valves, but again not sure on what it had stock (its been years since ive had a 200X opened). And it has 12/36 gearing with 18 tires.... I also added a pic of the oil cooler insall....

edog
01-26-2007, 08:50 PM
Got any clearer pics of the Oil Cooler?

Dirtcrasher
01-26-2007, 09:25 PM
Awesome stuff, I'm disappointed that more 200X's out there don't have built motors.... Where are all the Curtis Sparks motors?? Were they prone to self destruction?? I've never seen or heard of one running in years now.

Lately a few 200X's with some mods have shown up but not many.

I spoke to tech support at Curtis Sparks and they will no longer build up the 200X motor. But, the guy I spoke to said that those motors were incredibley fast.

WE NEED INFO!! I have no problem dumping a grand into a 200X motor if it would last and be a total sleeper!!

edog
01-26-2007, 09:41 PM
A grand is an under statement.