PDA

View Full Version : 3 wheelers discussion at www.off-road.com

motorola79
01-26-2007, 08:55 AM
As usual, was looking for some 3wheelers info on the web, i just found this old (2004) debate. I´ve seen Billy Golightly posting there, supporting 3wheelers as expected. I found it fun, but there are some stupid people in that forum.

http://www.off-road.com/dirtbike/columns/dntask/2004_02/index.html#3wheelers

http://dirtbike.off-road.com/dirtbike/article/articleDetail.jsp?id=331611&searchString=ATC

Example 1: This simply illustrates better that I can say, that the people - in general - who gravitate towards three wheelers are real jerks.

Example 2: One last thing: Before I ever rode a 3 wheeler, I really had no opinion of them to speak of. Then Honda invited me out to test a bunch of them at Pismo Beach. It was then and there that I realized how truly evil they were. Top-heavy, unstable, barbaric suspension, lots of lard and the fact that they're nothing but a triangle being pushed backwards, all added up to a design failure only slightly less stupid than a small block Chevy bolted to a pogo-stick.

Have fun.

scooterroo
01-26-2007, 09:24 AM
small block chevy on a pogo stick, lol, ahahahahahaha. i want one!!!!!!

Gunnar
01-26-2007, 10:15 AM
Wow, the ignorance of some people. I guess they are right though, Ive always suspected I was a drunken jerk and now that just conferms it.

Whats with the guy talking about his buddy and the 400 ex. Its not the machines fault he tried to ride a wheelie through a corner. Dumb *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited*! i think that a lot of peopl gravitate twards trikes because they are fun and in general cheaper than their 4 wheeled counterparts. Me, I like riding them because they are different than the main stream. Out having fun you dont usually have a guy with the same type of machine bragging how he just dumped 6 grand for parts to go 5mph faster. That and you actually have to ride one not like a quad where you can get by just sitting there.

Yamada
01-26-2007, 11:19 AM
What is the most dangerous between a trike made in 84 and a quad made in 88. I rode my ytm-200e since i can start it by my own. In 84, the yamahauler 200 was made to be a work tool. No rear suspension, just front and rear rack and big tires. The engine is stock, never been restore, and i enjoy rode it hard. Compare to a brand new Artic Cat 500 4x4, my trike is capable of follow it in 90% of the situation. The acceleration and top speed are interesting and the off-road capacities really good. Now take a quad made in 88. Try to take a workhorse quad made in 88 and you will see that when you will try to turn hard, there will be one wheel in the front on the air. The artic cat i talked before have the same symptoms. And it will try to do a bicycle ( running on two wheel) this machine is more dangerous than a trike. Because with just one wheelo to try to make it turn, than are less manoeuvrable ( maniability) With my trike, it will powerslide because it is a lot more lighter.
Thank you to read my message.

ceaserthethird
01-26-2007, 01:05 PM
Respect the Beast !

danteross77
01-26-2007, 02:13 PM
I try to let people like that discourage me, I am a off road enthusiaist, I have 3 wheelers, 4 wheelers and dirt bikes, I love all of them. all of them are 20 years or older and I have restored at some point. I spend more time working on them than riding and I ride which one fits my needs whether it be sand dunes, mud pits, or trails. Or if I want to ride on 2 wheels, 3, or 4.

Tri-ZNate
01-26-2007, 04:20 PM
The only thing I'm going to add is that he calls the one writer "Ignorant" because he think vintage dirtbikes are dangerous, when if you threw me on a dirt bike I could make it alot more dangerous than a bike. Nice part about a trike is you dont have to put your feet down or have a kick stand to sit on the thing.

Billy Golightly
01-26-2007, 04:26 PM
Hahaha that whole ordeal stemmed the "Super Junky" column on the mainpage that was made to mock Rick Siemans stupidity. His opinion won't be changed, and the most dissapointing thing is the greenies and people who do everything in their power to stop riding all together use his silly little comments against trikes as ammo against all off-road activity. Way to go *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited**E dited*!

scooterroo
01-26-2007, 04:34 PM
i still want a pogo stick with a small block chevy on it, lol.

random-strike
01-26-2007, 05:25 PM
unstable at speeds over 25mph... was that a joke?

4cylinders
01-26-2007, 06:09 PM
hey, I actually believe he was/is talking about himself.

DixiePlowboy
01-26-2007, 08:37 PM
It's a reflection upon their own lack of riding ability and limited capacity for reason that they make such statements, or insist on exclusively riding machines with an extra training wheel.

Makes it all the more fun to pass them or feed them a little roost.

I see this anti-3-wheeler attitude more on the screen than I do on the trail.

chris200x
01-26-2007, 09:13 PM
It's a reflection upon their own lack of riding ability and limited capacity for reason that they make such statements, or insist on exclusively riding machines with an extra training wheel.

Makes it all the more fun to pass them or feed them a little roost.

I see this anti-3-wheeler attitude more on the screen than I do on the trail.

Agreed.;) I couldn't have said it any better myself. I've always been completmented or givin the thumbs up by other riders out on the trail.. Although I do get busted on by my close freinds.. But what are freinds for? :D

deathman53
01-26-2007, 09:53 PM
I always get a thumbs up, I mx my trikes and do most everything that the quad guys do and pass/keep up with 3/4 of them. Its all the rider, I have to agree with him on one thing, its much easier to go fast on a quad. But he doesn't like quads either, but he doesn't tear write against them and mock them. The few tmes I do ride my quads, I am faster on them. I have to be carefull the first few minutes I ride them, as I tend to overturn them, also. As much as I hate to write it, they are more capable of going fast with less effert and less skill. It takes someone with skill to ride a trike fast and keep up with the others.

oldsking86
01-27-2007, 12:54 AM
Won't get me trading my trike in for some 4 wheeler... I'll transplant the new technology motors into my R before I get a quad.... :TrikesOwn

I have to agree it takes a talented rider to run trikes hard but if they are willing then look out everybody else lol

84honda200s
01-27-2007, 01:54 AM
agreed it does take skill but thats what makes them so fun. to me riding a 3 wheeler is like riding a vintage snowmobile. i had a 1980 ski doo blizzard 9500+ that handled allot like a trike. maybe its just me but i ride my trike like i ride a sled. i spilled only once and thats because i tryd to use a snowbank as a kicker lol. so yea it was my fault not the trikes. i will never let my trike go. i had a blaster. no fun at all.

:TrikesOwn :TrikesOwn

random-strike
01-27-2007, 01:59 AM
this is why he loves 3 wheelers

http://68.178.205.34/index.php?p=videocontent&os=20&c=20&vid=7AF00F94-3B2C-4E0D-8AE3-DBB071B1B70F

85ytz250n
01-27-2007, 02:28 AM
I dont mind that he is against trikes, one less guy that I have to worry about buying trikes before I get to them.

Barry

random-strike
01-27-2007, 02:42 AM
I dont mind that he is against trikes, one less guy that I have to worry about buying trikes before I get to them.

Barry
lol

very true

Huffa
01-27-2007, 08:34 AM
I just had this happen to me recently .........

I have 2 freind's that have 600 Grizzly's and on occassion would go riding with them. One of them also had a 400 Kodiack that he sold to my brother in law.

The one guy is not one to congradulate accomplishments when I ride with them and can surpass their skills on my $500 SX 250. I can tell he doesn't like when I get attention from others saying how nice my SX is or how good I can ride it.

ANYWAY ..........A month or so he calls me up and mentions a ride and says I can borrow my in laws Kodiack !!!!

I was stunned and asked " Now why would I want to do that when I'm perfectly happy smoking you guys on my SX ?? "

He never gave me a direct answer back but did apologize saying "Sorry, you need a quad to come ride with us and he was DEAD SERIOUS !! What a jerk!!

Anyway to this day I did not get another invite on any of his rides and could care less. I also don't consider him much of a freind any more.