PDA

View Full Version : '86 Tecate Aftermarket Swing Arm

Maico
01-24-2007, 07:45 PM
Anybody know anything about this swing arm?? It came on 1 of the 2 parts chassis' I just picked up. Has a decal on it that says Champion. I assume this was the manufacturer??

super90
01-24-2007, 07:56 PM
Yes apparently champion does/did make swingarms. On the .ORG site ( http://www.3wheeler.org/vb/showthread.php?t=20583 ) Someone is selling a "champion" swingarm off a tecate. I wouldnt mind having one for my x.

Aussieduner
01-24-2007, 08:12 PM
Anybody know anything about this swing arm?? It came on 1 of the 2 parts chassis' I just picked up. Has a decal on it that says Champion. I assume this was the manufacturer??

Is it longer that the stock unit ? looks pretty trick !

Aussie

Maico
01-24-2007, 08:16 PM
Not sure. I just got these parts chassis' along with a decent complete '86. Barn fresh so to speak. No really. They were in a barn! LOL! They need a car wash pressure wash so bad just to remove the crud. I'll do that tomorrow and take some measurements.

Billy Golightly
01-24-2007, 08:25 PM
Yeah thats a champion brand. There were some posts here a while back, but evidently until just a year or two ago the guy that made those still had a stock of them but they are now gone.

BigGreenMachine
01-24-2007, 09:00 PM
I have one of the NEW ones on my Tecate. Bought it last year and its been well tested and looks used now.

That looks to be an 85 swingarm, are you sure the Tecate is an 86?

BigGreenMachine
01-24-2007, 09:03 PM
Oh and I should add that I need the 86/87 aluminum swingarm if you have one to spare Maico. PM me if so.

BigGreenMachine
01-24-2007, 09:31 PM
Just looked, that ORG thread is the swingarm I bought....

Meat-BoX
01-24-2007, 10:53 PM
How much did you pay for the Trikes? Im asking because that swinger is worth a couple hundred bucks alone. You got a good score there. Any other After market parts?:beer

Maico
01-25-2007, 07:46 AM
I have one of the NEW ones on my Tecate. Bought it last year and its been well tested and looks used now.

That looks to be an 85 swingarm, are you sure the Tecate is an 86?

Positive. Radiators are still on it along with the gas tank and BOTH radiator shrouds. Yes...the right side radiator shroud is still intact.

Maico
01-25-2007, 07:53 AM
How much did you pay for the Trikes? Im asking because that swinger is worth a couple hundred bucks alone. You got a good score there. Any other After market parts?:beer

$3K for a really nice '86 runner and 2 parts machines. A huge plastic garbage can full of motors and parts. (I hope the "motors in a garbage can" is NOT an indicator of their condition...LOL!!). Some extra plastic,seats,pipes...all stock stuff. The hard 2 find parts are gone...like the airboxes,overflow bottles,right side radiator shrouds. The swinger will be going on the good '86.

Aussieduner
01-25-2007, 08:04 AM
$3K for a really nice '86 runner and 2 parts machines. A huge plastic garbage can full of motors and parts. (I hope the "motors in a garbage can" is NOT an indicator of their condition...LOL!!). Some extra plastic,seats,pipes...all stock stuff. The hard 2 find parts are gone...like the airboxes,overflow bottles,right side radiator shrouds. The swinger will be going on the good '86.

Rear fender brace ?

BigGreenMachine
01-25-2007, 10:40 AM
Maico, can you post a shot of that swinger from teh back? Is the dogbone mount offset to the side or in the middle??

scooterroo
01-25-2007, 11:48 AM
campion swinger, sweet. would like one but trying to find myself a , ready to laugh guys, calfab +2 swinger , hahahaha. dont think i will ever find one, but i am looking. that championis probably a +2 swinger, i know i was talking to i believe 3tigers and he had one he wanted to sell me. havent heard much from him lately though.

BigGreenMachine
01-25-2007, 11:55 AM
Cal-Fab, dig deep man you'll find it. They have to be around somewhere.

Maico, if that is in fact a Champion made for the 86/87 Tecate then you have the rarest swingarm on 3WW in my opinion.

Maico
01-25-2007, 01:03 PM
Maico, can you post a shot of that swinger from teh back? Is the dogbone mount offset to the side or in the middle??

Sent you a PM about the swingarm.

T3 LOPES
01-25-2007, 05:28 PM
This is my plus 2 I picked up in the summer . Looks some what similar to a Champion. It is a well built swinger, but not a Champion.:D

BigGreenMachine
01-25-2007, 06:03 PM
Mild steel? Looks good.

Maico, I would wager you have the 85 Tecate UNI track linkage on your Tecate. Not sure but I think the bolt hole to mount it would need to be drilled out to fit it.

The 86 will fit the 85 frame but the bolt is too small and wobbles around in the bolt holes. Looks like this is only a one way mod.

Meat-BoX
01-25-2007, 06:27 PM
Scooter I will sell you mine for $15,000:crazy:

I saw a few small honda 110 and stuff like that on E-Bay going for $4000 and up and they werent clean.

It took me almost 4 years to find my Cal-Fab I found it on E-Bay and no one seemed to notice it and the person selling it didnt know what it was. Hell i didnt know either but i got help from someone on here that just got an extended swinger
I was scared someone here was gonna scap it up from under me so I kept it on the down Low.
Its going on soon and be ready for Trike Fest:beer

3tigers
01-25-2007, 08:06 PM
i have 1 champion swingarm available for sale if anyone is interested.email me at yamyz11@aol.com or pm me for the price.