PDA

View Full Version : YTM electric start prob...

mark38090
01-23-2007, 08:18 PM
My YTM has no spark when using the electric start... Pull starts no problem, runs great. Can the switch short out the coil or something?

traxxasx
01-23-2007, 09:11 PM
is it fast? All the electris start does is turn the motor over just like the pull start would. But if your battery isent good and its turning slowly it wont start, its like pulling your pullstart slow. It has to be a good battery and spin the engine over fast.

troy
01-23-2007, 10:01 PM
My YTM has no spark when using the electric start... Pull starts no problem, runs great. Can the switch short out the coil or something?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! LOL..sorry had to:) ...but all jokes a side, my ERN same damn thing. I was told the starter is dieing. A simple rebuild should do the trick.

I know what it's like. it seems like it's turning over fast enough to start but won't. BUT one quick pluck of the start rope guarantee start every time:twisted: how hateful is that. I fear using the start rope on mine, every now and then it tears the handle and all from my fingures, Broke two of them already.

P.S i'm running a 750CCA battery on mine with a full 100 percent charge and no sir will it turn over fast enough to start

mark38090
01-23-2007, 10:51 PM
I know about the pull rope abusing the fingers... Tried a few times without the compression release. Damn that hurts... I'll try the battery from my other one.

troy
01-23-2007, 10:54 PM
I know about the pull rope abusing the fingers... Tried a few times without the compression release. Damn that hurts... I'll try the battery from my other one.

been a few times i'm almost pull the bike it's self off the ground. And i though my bike needed new rings..HA i say to that:lol: 165PSI i'm happy