PDA

View Full Version : 87 Tecate project need some help!!!!!

scottyms
01-23-2007, 06:41 PM
hello to everybody i need some advise and help on a new project. i just got an 87 tecate that i plan to rebuild from the ground up. i have talked to a couple guys on here already and give much thanks to you. so far i have aquired all the plastics and a few other items but will be looking for more so if any body out there has a stash of tecate parts please pm me.

i got the frame back from the blaster today and well lets say it has some issues, ok lots of issues almost to the point of looking for a new frame. lots of cracks in the bottom tube where the foot pegs bolt on, but i think it twisted too. ill know better once i get a jig made up to hold it square and start measuring. my question is how common are cracks in these ? if they are common im not worried i'll straighten it up and tig up the cracks add a few gussets and be done. if they are not common then somebody realy womped this thing.

i'll be working on a list of some of the parts i need and i'll post them up on here any help you can give would be great.

scott

max
01-24-2007, 12:49 PM
Might be why there was all that paint on her. Definately looks weldable. I would try to weld her up, make it stronger. Shipping on a frame is going to be anywhere from 50-75 bux.

tecat-z
01-24-2007, 03:30 PM
You might want to contact erectordale here on the boards. He has a very clean 86-87 t3 frame. I've seen it an it looks great. Didn't see any issues with it. He can go into detail with you. He has lots of parts, just ask. Hope this helps