PDA

View Full Version : 250 Rainbow

brrcuda
01-23-2007, 07:33 AM
Some of you were asking about my trikes at brapps this weekend. i figured i'd post up these pics. I seldom have all three in one location to take these kind of pictures. A little blurry due to the lighting.

Needless to say, i likes me 2 stroke 250s.

Aussieduner
01-23-2007, 07:43 AM
The big 3,very nice collection !

Aussie

bp739
01-23-2007, 08:12 AM
There should be a pot of gold sitting at the end of that rainbow, or maybe an empty pot ,cause three 250's that nice had to cost you some "gold"....:D

Bryan Raffa
01-23-2007, 09:40 AM
NICE!!! remind's me of skittles candy with them all together! LOL nice For Shure!

ATC-Eric
01-23-2007, 12:52 PM
Awesome bikes!!

atcfreak85
01-23-2007, 01:03 PM
Very nice collection you got there!!! :drool: :drool: :drool: :naughty:

brrcuda
01-23-2007, 01:33 PM
There should be a pot of gold sitting at the end of that rainbow, or maybe an empty pot ,cause three 250's that nice had to cost you some "gold"....:D

Thats really funny. I like that.:lol:

Thanks for the compliments everyone. I have been very lucky in obtaining these bikes and each have a full restoration. This was my goal to accomplish the big three to relive my childhood. They have certainly cost alot but it is worth it in the end. I'll get better pics of the 3 soon but the tri-z is being powdercoated next week and torn down right now.

Huffa
01-25-2007, 05:35 PM
Your kidding, all that hardwork and those are the only pictures you have ?

They deserve nicer then that! I want to SEE them!

I'm sure they are done up with every detail taken care of except for one thing, good pictures! :lol:

How many years did it take to have a nice group like that?

200x350xtriz250
01-25-2007, 06:37 PM
:drool: :drool: :drool: :beer

chris200x
01-25-2007, 06:55 PM
Whoa.. :eek: Were you the dude with the red and black Z at brapp's??? :confused:

Mrs.Mosh
01-25-2007, 07:03 PM
Very nice trikes.Well done

brrcuda
01-25-2007, 07:34 PM
Whoa.. :eek: Were you the dude with the red and black Z at brapp's??? :confused:

That was me .the black z is my rider. These bikes are for show. All have had complete restorations which is most of the fun.

My restores are not taken to the lengths of some of the members here, but to me they are quite nice.

Huffa - i spent the last 3 years building this collection. I got these before the prices starting going up like crazy on ebay.

i'll get more pics tomorrow for you all.

Dirtcrasher
01-25-2007, 08:20 PM
Spoiled rotten!! Actually, you spoil yourself, sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!

Huffa
01-26-2007, 06:15 AM
That was me .the black z is my rider. These bikes are for show. All have had complete restorations which is most of the fun.

My restores are not taken to the lengths of some of the members here, but to me they are quite nice.

Huffa - i spent the last 3 years building this collection. I got these before the prices starting going up like crazy on ebay.

i'll get more pics tomorrow for you all.

Thanks!! :beer

So which one thinned the wallet the most?

brrcuda
01-26-2007, 06:32 AM
Huffa- the tecate was the worst of all. Parts are available but there are a few essential plastic parts that are very difficult to find. No good parts on ebay for this bike. Needed to search high and low.

Each bike has about 3-4 thousand into them. I lose track after about 3k. The tecate has about 1000 in plastics alone, including a 95% original tank thats still green. the tecate also has a bills pipe which from what I have heard - there are like only 3 known in the US for 86-87 tecates? Anyone else got one?

The rad overflow bottle cost me $150 on the tecate, if thats any indication of parts prices on these.

The 250r - All new oem plastics but they are obtainable. Powdered frame. Still looking for a few odds and ends. Bike runs great and is really fast. Bought this bike off of Range Rover.

The Tri-z was my rider when the black tri-z was acting up. I have since torn it down and its at the powdercoaters this week. The yellow Tri-z has a killer powerband - rides with the front off the ground. It used to be setup for ice racing back in Ohio.

Huffa
01-26-2007, 06:49 AM
Huffa- the tecate was the worst of all. Parts are available but there are a few essential plastic parts that are very difficult to find. No good parts on ebay for this bike. Needed to search high and low.

Each bike has about 3-4 thousand into them. I lose track after about 3k. The tecate has about 1000 in plastics alone, including a 95% original tank thats still green. the tecate also has a bills pipe which from what I have heard - there are like only 3 known in the US for 86-87 tecates? Anyone else got one?

The rad overflow bottle cost me $150 on the tecate, if thats any indication of parts prices on these.

The 250r - All new oem plastics but they are obtainable. Powdered frame. Still looking for a few odds and ends. Bike runs great and is really fast. Bought this bike off of Range Rover.

The Tri-z was my rider when the black tri-z was acting up. I have since torn it down and its at the powdercoaters this week. The yellow Tri-z has a killer powerband - rides with the front off the ground. It used to be setup for ice racing back in Ohio.

They are all soooooo nice !!!! You STILL need better pictures though. Not harping by any means, I just hate junk in background of any pictures. 3-4000 on them and then 29 cent pictures ............ :lol: :lol:

So I could still get new OEM plastics for my 84 R ? Not sure if I, OH YEA, I could use a front fender for sure.

So how often do you ride them and while I'm on, which year Kawi has the radiator up on forks? I just saw one today for sale, needs work, a lot of work.

250r'en +TCB
01-26-2007, 07:10 AM
well all that hard work and money shure shows itself in the machines Paul!!! I have all I can do to keep up with one machine!!! hahaha

Cya around

tanks350x
08-02-2008, 11:17 AM
I know this was like over a year ago but, I've never seen these pics. Hell, I've even been riding with you a couple of times... Might I say, awesome machines Paul,, very nice indeed

HondaHarry
08-02-2008, 11:55 AM
that's pretty cool, I need to get similar pics of mine someday, no easy feat, trust me I know. lol having the cash to purchase these bikes when you find them is the hardest part. HH

userj8670
08-02-2008, 12:34 PM
WoW!! Them are wicked nice. I dont usually like Yammi's but i love that bike!

Jim

Fierce
08-02-2008, 02:17 PM
Very nice rides. What did you do about an OEM gas tank for the Honda? I've been looking around but can't find one.

fabiodriven
08-02-2008, 02:28 PM
They are all soooooo nice !!!! You STILL need better pictures though. Not harping by any means, I just hate junk in background of any pictures. 3-4000 on them and then 29 cent pictures ............ :lol: :lol:

So I could still get new OEM plastics for my 84 R ? Not sure if I, OH YEA, I could use a front fender for sure.

So how often do you ride them and while I'm on, which year Kawi has the radiator up on forks? I just saw one today for sale, needs work, a lot of work.

The 84-85 Kawi has the rad on the forks. I love my Tecates, but be prepared to shell out some dough!

Hats off to you, Brrcuda! I'm speechless!

TrikesRule_FOOL
08-02-2008, 02:53 PM
Nice whips! You're my new Hero!

brrcuda
08-03-2008, 09:27 AM
thanks for the kind words everyone.... I appreciate it.:D

well some minor things have changed on these - the tecate is now running and driving with a fresh silver powdercoated frame, polished swinger and rebuilt shock.

Tri-z - i stole a bunch of parts last year to keep my 86 tri-z going. Since then I blew up the race ported cylinder and purchased a nice .40 over cylinder for it and its now awaiting assembly and a new piston kit. Also i did powder it yellow so looks even better than these pics.

250r is still the same awaiting a water pump seal and me to swap to the ohtsu 20"ers and move the 22"s on it now to my 87 200x project.

tanks350x
08-03-2008, 10:55 AM
:lol: :lol: leave it to me to get a year old thread up and going again:lol:
Any luck selling your X paul?