PDA

View Full Version : not as great of a deal as huffa but i scored too.

mike from long island
01-21-2007, 08:18 PM
here are 4 bikes i got this weekend. the 2 200x's came from the same guy. the tecate and 110 came from another gentlemen. the 200x's are an 85 and i think an 83 because of the tubular swingarm.the 110 is an 85 and the tecate is an 84 i would assume.

83 200x no motor great parts
85 200x has a 200 auto motor in it that will run
85 110 parts missing tranny shot. getting the tank soon.
84 tecate needs the typical stator and flywheel plus exhaust.

now i know this isnt has sweet or rare as huffa but just as cool to me.plus it only cost $480 total for all of them.

Bryan Raffa
01-21-2007, 08:21 PM
NICE! You and Huffa leave some for the rest of us! LOL

russell56443
01-21-2007, 08:35 PM
Nice score for sure,man I wish people up here where I live didnt know what there worth!!

mike from long island
01-21-2007, 08:35 PM
hey john i am not a tecate expert by any means either lol i thought 84 tecates were green and the 85 were red. or did 85 have both colors? i never looked to see if it had a year tag on it??? you might be right though. not sure what to do with it.i paid $150 and got the 110 free with it. i need a couple parts off the 110,or i might just keep an eye out for another motor and get the 110 running too? i not a green guy. would like to sell it to someone who wants to fix it up and ride it. otherwise ill part it out myself. who knows. got lots of indoor storage now so it can sit until i get tired of looking at it or i get the fever to get it going lol one never knows what the next day will bring???????????? hehe

Huffa
01-21-2007, 08:49 PM
hey john i am not a tecate expert by any means either lol i thought 84 tecates were green and the 85 were red. or did 85 have both colors? i never looked to see if it had a year tag on it??? you might be right though. not sure what to do with it.i paid $150 and got the 110 free with it. i need a couple parts off the 110,or i might just keep an eye out for another motor and get the 110 running too? i not a green guy. would like to sell it to someone who wants to fix it up and ride it. otherwise ill part it out myself. who knows. got lots of indoor storage now so it can sit until i get tired of looking at it or i get the fever to get it going lol one never knows what the next day will bring???????????? hehe

Alright Mike, some nice finds but why get rid of the Kawi just because you not a Kawi man? I love Honda's but would for sure would keep that Tecate to do up. That's a nice restorable piece you got there. Your going to possibly part it out? Don't do that man, fix that baby!!!! :beer

What's it all need?

edog
01-21-2007, 08:50 PM
83 was Red.

Nice score!!!!!!!!!!!!:w00t:

90nut
01-21-2007, 09:24 PM
Good find man! Oh, and by the way, you have a PM.:Bounce

mike from long island
01-21-2007, 09:24 PM
Alright Mike, some nice finds but why get rid of the Kawi just because you not a Kawi man? I love Honda's but would for sure would keep that Tecate to do up. That's a nice restorable piece you got there. Your going to possibly part it out? Don't do that man, fix that baby!!!! :beer

What's it all need?

i would like to keep it.but when you have damn near 20 bikes!!! some gotta go.and if i cant sell it to someone who wants to fix it,then ill part it out and make some $$$$ but would like to sell it as is. i have started buying and selling bikes.most bikes i have been buying are getting parted. they have major issues and would take big $$$ to fix. bad frames missing motors and such. if i can fix the tecate for a few bucks then i would sell it that way too. but i have over 300 parts to list on ebay right now. and i work all week lol so i do a little at a time. most bikes i buy i want to make a few dollars profit. if i find that the tecate grows on me then ill keep it. but i just sold a complete running needing only a little brake work. it is a hobby on mine just like everyone else. before i even finished righting this post i won another 70 US90 off ebay. i think i need help lol that 90 will make 20 complete bikes and one disassemble tri-z i own. thats alot of biikes!! lol

smokinp
01-22-2007, 01:55 AM
Nice score!

murphysadvocate
01-22-2007, 07:24 AM
you don't have an 81 R comming apart do you?

phreakboy
01-22-2007, 08:21 AM
Check your Pm's

mike from long island
01-22-2007, 01:24 PM
you don't have an 81 R comming apart do you?

just the one i am going to rebuild what do you need?

scooterroo
01-22-2007, 03:26 PM
you going to be selling any of the 200x's by any chance. even if it is just a roller with a tank and somewhat ok suspension, i'd be interested.

Chevy200s
01-22-2007, 04:07 PM
Nice score man, good deal!!! PM sent on the 200x's by the way:)

Huffa
01-22-2007, 05:13 PM
i would like to keep it.but when you have damn near 20 bikes!!! some gotta go.and if i cant sell it to someone who wants to fix it,then ill part it out and make some $$$$ but would like to sell it as is. i have started buying and selling bikes.most bikes i have been buying are getting parted. they have major issues and would take big $$$ to fix. bad frames missing motors and such. if i can fix the tecate for a few bucks then i would sell it that way too. but i have over 300 parts to list on ebay right now. and i work all week lol so i do a little at a time. most bikes i buy i want to make a few dollars profit. if i find that the tecate grows on me then ill keep it. but i just sold a complete running needing only a little brake work. it is a hobby on mine just like everyone else. before i even finished righting this post i won another 70 US90 off ebay. i think i need help lol that 90 will make 20 complete bikes and one disassemble tri-z i own. thats alot of biikes!! lol

MAN, imagine if you and Brapp were neighbors!! I didn't know you had THAT many!

That Kawi could become a nice garage queen though and be THE ONE to use when we all go to the DUNES or do you have a trike perfectly suited for sand riding?

mike from long island
01-22-2007, 05:59 PM
everything i have been buying is for sale.ill have to update my signature so everyone can see whats for sale. but the no motor 200x is an 83 i think. the swingarm is tubular. anyways throw me an offer. it is only going to be parted out. the rear rims and tires are sold already. but ill have something is you need it to roll still. bearings in the rear seemed tight too. the one with the motor had some slop. well just let me know thanks mike