PDA

View Full Version : my 185s so far

dc
04-20-2003, 01:22 PM
One day my 185s quit on me and since then it would not idle properly. While trying to fix that I ran into some more problems with this trike. The trike wasn't in very good condition when I got it so I just cleaned the carb to get it running again. But now I'm going to spend the time to get it running well and looking good. :-D

The muffler on this trike was so rusted that after just a few weeks of riding the spark arrester fell off. Now the whole muffler is shot and needs to be replaced.

While trying to start my trike I was pulling on the cord when it suddenly broke. That was discouraging to say the least. :evil: I pulled it off and was able to put a new rope on it but when I pulled the side cover off I got this.

Let's see.......... new tires = 120 or so dollars
ignition stator = about 80 dollars
and a few other odds and ends like creemeing the gas tank and this 3 wheeler is beginning to cost more than I anticipated.

Too bad a 185s ain't worth anything. :x

dc
04-20-2003, 01:23 PM
oops :? , I didn't get my pics where i wanted them.... I'm sure you'll figure it out.

plkmonster2
04-20-2003, 01:45 PM
ouch! :x looks like my 200e yammie. hope you get it all fixed!

kilabeez0
04-20-2003, 02:11 PM
u can find those parts much cheaper on ebay!

BLAZERONE22
04-20-2003, 02:41 PM
Their fun to work on, just shop around on ebay for parts. you can pick up a whole engine for around what you would pay for a new stator and cdi. as far as the worth of a 185 I've seen a few get up around the 700 too 800 range. Good Luck! :-P