PDA

View Full Version : 200R wiring help needed

Mike Fort Laud
01-18-2007, 01:11 AM
My first step to getting the 200R up and running is wiring. The bike does not have the wiring harness, switches, coil, voltage regulator,rectifier or any lights.. I can buy a harness and all electronics on ebay for next to nothing, but do I need a complete harness. I will not put lights on it, so I do not need the handlebar switch or lighting wires. All I want is a race style handlebar mounted kill switch with a cord to shut it off. All I have for wires is the wire coming from the stator cover that goes to the coil. Can somebody give me a little info on what I need to do. I want to keep this bike with the bare essentials only needed to race. I want to know what I need and what I don't.........Thanks

Mike Fort Laud
01-19-2007, 07:38 PM
Just pulled the stator cover and this thing has a MotoPlat Ignition. I may have to send it to Bradford Ignitions for a little freshen up job. It is 22 years old.

firefirefire90
01-19-2007, 07:44 PM
what is the difference in the ignition?

200x Basket
01-19-2007, 07:59 PM
there is a 250r race PVL set up on ebay right now. i would just buy that and be done with it.

really all you need is a CDI, coil, stator, teather, and the voltage regulator. you can build your own harness.

Meat-BoX
01-20-2007, 12:48 AM
When I did my Tecate I had the same situation. I used the diagram on the manual and parts from E-Bay and a Trike Graveyard. Worked out sweet, and didnt cost much. Do you have a manual? For the a 200R I would use the best goodies I could find.