PDA

View Full Version : Flat tracker

Macs
01-17-2007, 10:10 PM
Well it looks like i am going to be getting the new house but the up side is i am also going to build something to race on the close by flat track. what i need is flat tracking 101. I would like to know what is the best to build up. I would love to do a tecate or triz . Performance wheelers are in short supply so i will probly build it off of ebay frame up. what parts do i need to look for.?

200x Basket
01-17-2007, 10:23 PM
i would look for a 250r :) the tecate is too hard to find parts for and the tri z wont keep up. facts are facts and the 250r aftermarket is HUGE

Billy Golightly
01-17-2007, 10:25 PM
I'd love to see a fat tired tecate flat tracker. If I ever build another machine, thats what I'll base it off of. Go for low, wide, power, and lots of steering lock. Those are the key ingredients.

Macs
01-17-2007, 10:28 PM
i have built up a few 250r's and want to try something a little diffrent. but of course flat tracking is totally new to me. I was thinking of maybe getting a tri-z and dropping a newer yz250 engine in it.

on a flat tracker do you ant a standard swingarm or to shorten it??

Macs
01-17-2007, 10:32 PM
i have just recieved an email to on a 84 tecate roller, that might be a good start. I am going to have to check on the shipping.

Mike_Ham_250R
01-17-2007, 10:33 PM
i have built up a few 250r's and want to try something a little diffrent. but of course flat tracking is totally new to me. I was thinking of maybe getting a tri-z and dropping a newer yz250 engine in it.

on a flat tracker do you ant a standard swingarm or to shorten it??
It usually depends on the bike and your riding style, you could get away with the stock swinger but some people like shorter ones, really just your preference.