PDA

View Full Version : Pirelli rubber on my T3

ccdhowell
01-15-2007, 01:18 AM
I just couldn't resist buying Pirelli tires for my T3. I've used and loved Pirelli car and truck tires for many years and had to give them a try. Didn't hurt that I got them for a good price on ebay.

Don't know anything about how they work except that they role. I put them on and rode around the yard for about 10 minutes to warm the engine before draining the trans oil for engine removal and teardown.

I did step down to 20s and will have to regear from my 22s with 11 tooth front sprocket. I'm fixing a crank seal right now and I thought I'd clean-up and paint the frame while I had it apart. I also need to weld the radiator guard and the rear rotor guard. I'm thinking fork springs would be easy to change with the forks off too. Who know where, and how long, and how much $$ this project will take me. I really don't like mechanicing, I like riding much better, but this thing was beginning to show its age and needed a little TLC.

Anyone run these tires? Opinions of them?

Chris

SWIGIN
01-15-2007, 01:19 AM
looks just like a hole shot tire.

yeah i didnt know they made atv tire ether

cr480r
01-15-2007, 01:59 AM
11/42? that is very low. I ran a 13/42 with 20's and it was very low geared. Later I ran a 15/42 setup with 20's that was a tad bit high. I would get a 14 tooth front. I am going to try the 15 tooth again when i get some 18's...

200x Basket
01-15-2007, 02:07 AM
have you ever split any cases? you will have to split them to change the seals. i hoep you have a OEM manual for the job. it is not all that hard but there are lots of parts.

ccdhowell
01-15-2007, 02:17 AM
basket, not before, but now I'm not a rookie any more. I split it last night, replaced the seal and put it back together. The clutch cover is still off...thinking of replacing the clutches while I'm there. Yes, I have a shop manual, the only question I have is a neutral gear didn't seem to line-up the same way as I took it off. It was in neutral before I split the cases, but I may have changed gears by accident and not the gear is off a bit. We'll see when I put it back together.

Cr, yes 11/42 and it was probably too low for most, but riding slow speed trails it as okay...if you don't want to go very fast. It really hurt my topend, but I didn't have to feather the clutch nearly as much going slow. Chris