PDA

View Full Version : got my 200x go faster then stock parts

oldred95
01-13-2007, 12:24 PM
About three weeks ago I ordered off ebay a complete engine gasket set for 25 shipped, new valves for around 30 shipped, and a new 1 mm or .040 in. over stock compression WSM piston. I have already done some port work to the head, mainly just taking care of that nasty little ledge in the intake and exhaust ports so its a smooth flow. I was actually hoping the piston would be more of a flat top rather then a dished piston but as long as its still stock 9.6:1 I bet it'll be fine. Couldn't go wrong as it was about 60 bucks shipped. I'm not expecting a 350x killer but I'm hoping it will make some nice responsive torque and be a lot more fun in the river and the sand dunes then my ATC 125. Here's a couple pics of the piston.

Edit: Forgot to mention a new DID cam chain and I'm going to try the timing advance mod too. Also its already got what looks like a new K&N filter in it. Going to try the stock exhaust first to see how it runs and then go from there. I've got a bassani but its not for a 200x but with a little effort I bet it would fit.

edog
01-13-2007, 09:16 PM
Got pics of this beast?

oldred95
01-13-2007, 10:11 PM
Nope. Just picture a stock '84 200x with a dent in the left side of the tank and some scratched on the fenders. I got it for christmas and pulled the engine the same day. Never even started it because I knew the engine was bad. The carb and tank had already been cleaned before I got it. Just needs bored and it'll be ready to go back together. I've never ridden a 200x before so I'm not sure what to expect.

short4stuff
01-13-2007, 11:14 PM
That piston is a 200s piston.. your going to loose a lot of compression ratio.. It will be about 7.8:1 which is a lot lower than stock.... Sorry to let you know..

If I were you i'd look for a xr200 camshaft.
Also there is a flywheel mod you can do, i've never tried it but It losses a lot of weight off the flywheel, you'd have to get it ballaced afterward.
If you look at the backside of the flywheel you see the weight that looks like its riveted to it. Drill the rivets out for a lighter weight flywheel.

oldred95
01-14-2007, 12:38 AM
Thats just great. Said it was stock compression for 83-85 200x among other models.

I found the seller and it showes a flat top piston in the auction. I emailed him and told him the deal. I looked on WSM's site and I did get the 200s piston whether I ordered it or not, I swear I ordered one for the 200x. Either he will swap pistons for the correct one or I'll send it back, get my money back and get the wiseco 10.25:1 I found for 90 bucks with a .040 over bored.

Tri-ZNate
01-14-2007, 10:44 AM
What is the Bassani for?

oldred95
01-14-2007, 11:36 AM
What is the Bassani for?
You mean what is it supposed to fit? I have no idea. But I might try and put it on the 200x to see what kind of sound and performance gain it will give me.

Tri-ZNate
01-14-2007, 10:54 PM
I may be able to hook you up with a bassani for that X for a straight trade. Its actually a skyline, I believe its name is, which was Bassani before they became bassani. Post up a pic of it and maybe I can figure out what it is for. I just dont like to see old school pipes Afro Engineered ;)

oldred95
01-14-2007, 11:59 PM
I may be able to hook you up with a bassani for that X for a straight trade. Its actually a skyline, I believe its name is, which was Bassani before they became bassani. Post up a pic of it and maybe I can figure out what it is for. I just dont like to see old school pipes Afro Engineered ;)
If you took the letter Z and stretched it out almost straight thats what the bassani would look like. It has a straight section, jogs to say the left, the another section to point it back straight. I've got a few other pipes too that are a lot shorter and would be a lot easier to make work. We'll see. The bassani is 80 miles north of me and the parents house right now.