PDA

View Full Version : I need some ideas

Macs
01-13-2007, 11:40 AM
I havnt had time to work on the yt175 but last night i really wanted to ride so i slapped the NOS fuel pump on and it is doing the same thing. It cranks right up and idles fantastic and revs great while in neutral. When you put it into gear it runs fine as long as you keep the throttle at about 3/8 pushed or under. The higher the gear the less you can push the thumb throttle. If you go to far it will die out. No miss or nothing just completely dead. usually if you let it sit for about 1 minute it will crank right up. Also if you take a sharp turn it will die but if you let off the gas then it will make it. I have no clue what it is and really don't have the time anymore to trouble shoot. does anyone have any ideas. I cleaned the carb and it didn't help nothing, i sea foamed it and it helped a little. I am really confused.

rally4x4racer
01-13-2007, 11:52 AM
do you have any way to check the fuel pressure?

if you push the throttle in far at high gear - it dies totally? or it dies but then goes again when you hit the throttle easier?

SYKO
01-13-2007, 11:56 AM
fuel slosh, with a lack of fuel going into the carb, check the inlet to the carb, I bet its clogged, my GF's blaster was like that it would idle all day long but as soon as you started moving it would bog and die, there was some trash hardend into the inlet about the float needle that wouldnt let enough fuel pass, its deffently a fuel delivery problem.

Macs
01-13-2007, 12:05 PM
Thanks man, that is what i was thinking. When i cleaned the carb i do not recall even looking at the fuel inlet of the carb, I will check this when i get home tonight. i know the fuel line has flow. i checked that one. This 5:30 -7:30 schedule is starting to wear on me alittle so i need a good relaxing ride but the R is too loud to take out at night and the ATC70 is not done yet.

rally4x4racer
01-13-2007, 12:10 PM
dont bother reminding me it is gravity fed.....

ha ha

Macs
01-13-2007, 12:42 PM
the older models are gravity fed and the newer ones have a fuel pump. i cant rember were the year cut off is.

4cylinders
01-13-2007, 03:37 PM
hey, some of those carbs have a screen under the inlet needle. also did you clean the needle jet? It's the brass piece that the needle goes into, and it has small holes in it that can plug.

Macs
01-13-2007, 04:30 PM
I cleaned the needle jet, but i did a really fast job. So it is very possible that i missed something.

4cylinders
01-13-2007, 08:58 PM
hey, it's the piece the main jet screws into, has like 8 tiny holes, need a jet/welding tip cleaner to do it.

200x Basket
01-13-2007, 09:03 PM
float height