PDA

View Full Version : 300 kits for the 250 R

Huffa
01-12-2007, 09:19 PM
I did a search and think I read there are three brands of 300 kits, which are the Hondaline, Mugen & DG. Is that correct?

Is one better constructed then the others? Why would there be a Mugen and Hondaline because Mugen IS Honda in a way.

Are they all worth about the same or one stands out quality wise being a tad better, there for being worth more?

Do thay all come with a different pipe and carb too then or the stock carb can be jetted rich enough to take care of the extra 50cc? What about the pipe?

Must you run race gas with the 300's?

Is it really 50cc more or more like 30 some cc's? I ask this because I see that quite a bit, for instance a 300 EX is really only a 283 I think?

What kind do you have and did you buy it already on the machine or purchase it seperate? How much ?

Bigbore
01-12-2007, 10:25 PM
Mugen is the most expensive. It was in the 80's and there are less of them now because they didn't sell as many as Honda or DG.

nate b
01-13-2007, 12:13 PM
I bought a brand new hondaline kit a few years ago for 300 bucks. Didnt come with pipe, it came with jets for the stock carb. These kits were actualy made by poweroll.
I think a pipe, 15-38 gears and a 36-38mm carb would help alot. It was fun to race on a short flat track, but it ran out of gear way to fast even with a 15 tooth front.