PDA

View Full Version : Tiger 200!!!

70ATC90
01-09-2007, 04:32 PM
Okay everyone get this, theres a little old lady who lives about 2 blocks down the street from me and I've been plowing her driveway for her for about 2 years. She has a grown up some who is about 40 years old I think. I went over there the other day when she called me and told me her car wouldnt start, so I go into her garage and pop the hood and jump start it with my power pack. I TURN OUROUND AND THERES A TIGER 200 SITTING IN THE CORNER! I walked over and looked at it and the thing is MINT, just a little muddy and dusty. I didn't even ask becuase she is very hard of hearing, and you know little old ladies.. she probably doesn't even know its there! WHAT SHOULD I DO?? WHAT SHOULD I OFFER?? Lifetime free driveway plowing??

Billy Golightly
01-09-2007, 04:36 PM
Tell her you like three-wheelers and think that one is really cool, go from there.

rassagmc
01-09-2007, 04:40 PM
well, don't let it sit there. go talk to her about it and see what her plans are for it and then I guess see if she'll give you a price. hell, I'd plow her driveway for the rest of my life! also like billy said, tell her that your into trikes

70ATC90
01-09-2007, 05:00 PM
i'm going to, seriously this is killing me

Huffa
01-09-2007, 05:03 PM
i'm going to, seriously this is killing me

GET GOING, NOW !!!

I'm excited for ya buddy!!!!! Take a CAMERA !! We demand PIC's!!!!

Thanks!!! :beer

petesatc
01-09-2007, 05:08 PM
what you waiting for get your ass over there

johnny's X
01-09-2007, 05:10 PM
I think you should go down on her for it lol just kidding. Does she have any kids around. Chances are her son knows what it is worth and he mom will remind him that is still in her garage. You might get lucky and she will say just take it. If you dont get it just take pics anyway

mnnmaz
01-09-2007, 05:11 PM
:pics: :pics: :pics:

ceaserthethird
01-09-2007, 05:12 PM
What's your Age ?

Lot's of Hype about tiger's Found in Garage's or Farm's ...

Huffa
01-09-2007, 05:19 PM
"Mint and a little dusty", I just got to see this to believe it.

Take a picture of the lady too :lol:

ATC-Eric
01-09-2007, 05:19 PM
Heres what you need: 2 ski masks, a flat bed pick up, 2 grapefruit, a tire iron, three pairs of plyers, Im just kidding. But seriously, why are you in front of you computer right now?

4cylinders
01-09-2007, 05:43 PM
hey, take a marker and a pad of paper, so she can see what you're saying.

tyman
01-09-2007, 06:37 PM
well eric i get just about everything that you've said for a theft.. but i can't seem to figure out the grapefruits??? are you going to smash a window out with them?? or hit the old lady?? ????? i'm confused. lol

oldskool83
01-09-2007, 06:57 PM
just as her whos it is and say you like it and youve been looking for one for years. at that point shes either gonna say i dont know whos it is if you want it youcanhave it or she will say it is my sons and its been here for 15 years i think he forgot about it.

just gotta get the balls to ask, if you dont you only ever get to see it and i know you wouldnt just want to see it right?

now go ask

T3 LOPES
01-09-2007, 07:03 PM
where are you at? we need answers!

Howdy
01-09-2007, 07:03 PM
Give me her info and I will see about it. lol
Howdy

xman23
01-09-2007, 07:28 PM
yea man get some pics

ATCwithdrawals
01-09-2007, 07:29 PM
Heck, maybe she bought it to cruise the neighborhood with. :lol: definetly get a pic of it all dusty in her garage. Good luck

mike from long island
01-09-2007, 07:37 PM
dont bother going. i did a search and found out where she lives i am leaving right now to drive there and buy it out from under you!!!!!!! :w00t:

MOVE YO BUTT SON !!!!

scooterroo
01-09-2007, 07:44 PM
gotta see this, hope we see some pics to satisfy the curiosity. and i also hope this isnt one of them never hear from the guy posts again.

ATC-Eric
01-09-2007, 10:28 PM
well eric i get just about everything that you've said for a theft.. but i can't seem to figure out the grapefruits??? are you going to smash a window out with them?? or hit the old lady?? ????? i'm confused. lol

I was just joking. In no way would I ever condone that action! The grapefruit was just some comic relief:)

Rm250RF900R
01-09-2007, 11:06 PM
By the looks of Eric he is a real nice guy and he just kidding obviously.. But man, we need pics! You need to get that tiger man! Unless it belongs to her son or something, im sure she wont need it sitting in her garage!

70ATC90
01-10-2007, 01:54 AM
Okay guys heres the deal. I went over there a today and talked/yelled to her about it. Her son lives up north and got it when he was about 19 years old, she says its been sitting in there for about 12 years and believes that it has engine problems of some kind. She gave me his number and I'm goind to call him tomorrow!!

70ATC90
01-10-2007, 01:57 AM
And by the way, to you trike appraisers out there, whats a good offer to throw out? I know it isn't running but the plastics and stuff look real good, I'll try and take a pic with my phone next time i'm there.

ATC-Eric
01-10-2007, 02:05 AM
And by the way, to you trike appraisers out there, whats a good offer to throw out? I know it isn't running but the plastics and stuff look real good, I'll try and take a pic with my phone next time i'm there.

I would start around $500. I know its worth way more then that, that number is just a starting price. I would start there, and work with it.

Good luck!!! :w00t:

Huffa
01-10-2007, 07:04 AM

Ahh Man, don't camera phones take garbage pic's? That's what I heard anyway.

Ask if you can at least roll it out of the corner so you can get some really good ones.

johnny's X
01-10-2007, 11:21 AM
you better ask soon or someone else will find out its there and they will get it. Were do you live i will go and ask her if I can have it, I promise i will let you take it for a ride.

Squirrel Master
01-10-2007, 11:41 AM
Don't EVER make the first offer. Tell him to give you a price, and start from there. You never know.....he may take $50 or $100. Let him start the bidding. Anything is possible.

ATC-Eric
01-10-2007, 02:07 PM
Don't EVER make the first offer. Tell him to give you a price, and start from there. You never know.....he may take $50 or $100. Let him start the bidding. Anything is possible.

Good call. Im thinking this guy knows what he has, but like mr. squirrel said anything is possible.

Huffa
01-10-2007, 02:15 PM
While we are on the Tiger subject, what is the quality of them compared to say a Honda? They don't look as well thought out to me, from what I had seen anyway.

What supplier for the engine, forks and rear shock do they use?

How about the brake assemblies?

dizasterzrfun69
01-10-2007, 02:21 PM
While we are on the Tiger subject, what is the quality of them compared to say a Honda? They don't look as well thought out to me, from what I had seen anyway.

What supplier for the engine, forks and rear shock do they use?

How about the brake assemblies?

well the frames are made out of chromoly, the brakes are magura, i think most of the shocks were fox, and im not sure about forks.

ATC-Eric
01-10-2007, 02:33 PM
All of them were hand made. I have read that the frames are a bit weak, they cut down on weight wherever they could.

The engines are Rotax.

BigGreenMachine
01-10-2007, 03:31 PM
A wise man would have started this thread after he had bought or at least taken pics of the Tiger in question,,,,,,

dizasterzrfun69
01-10-2007, 04:33 PM
oh yea forget to mention the engine part lol woops

xd 200x
01-10-2007, 05:41 PM
hum, I smell b.s.

Huffa
01-10-2007, 05:43 PM
hum, I smell b.s.

Time will tell.

blue27
01-10-2007, 05:49 PM
Some had Works shocks and the froks are Marzocchi, Grimeca Brakes with Magura controls...more info to come

Huffa
01-10-2007, 06:10 PM
Some had Works shocks and the froks are Marzocchi, Grimeca Brakes with Magura controls...more info to come

Thanks! I see in the 3WW info link on it that no one knows who the founder of the company is?

" June 11th, 1984 some person, Who we wish we knew the name of formed a company called "Tiger ATV, LTD"

That's weird that no one can find out the true identidy of the guy?

ATC-Eric
01-10-2007, 08:00 PM
" June 11th, 1984 some person, Who we wish we knew the name of formed a company called "Tiger ATV, LTD"

That's weird that no one can find out the true identidy of the guy?

Are you joking, or did you not read Mohawks threads about his Tiger? The founder was Peter Wood. It sucks that Mohawk deleted most of his posts about his Tiger situation. Very upseting.

I hate to bring that up again, I can already see this turning bad.......:(

Huffa
01-10-2007, 08:18 PM
Nope, I didn't read them. If it's Peter Wood why is it not updated in the Tiger info on it then?

Guess they just did not get around to it yet?

Is the guy still living? Anyone ever talk to him?

" I hate to bring that up again, I can already see this turning bad...... "

Why is that? What's wrong with asking questions about it?

ceaserthethird
01-10-2007, 08:20 PM
Yeah what ever happen to Mohawk / Tiger thread ?:confused:

dizasterzrfun69
01-10-2007, 08:43 PM
:

DAMMIT LOL i knew that stuff too! I just couldnt think of it. MY old man has a whole barn full of the tiger stuff so i should definately know these things. :lol:

ATC-Eric
01-10-2007, 09:15 PM
Why is that? What's wrong with asking questions about it?

Long story short: Member Mohawk found a nice condition Tiger 125, cleaned it up and threw it on ebay. Got a bunch of heat from some other members about this and that, lot of bans, lot of locked threads, and a huge whaping amount of drama!!!!!!

Was cool though, he meet Peter Woods the founder of the company. They became good friends.

My opinion: Mohawk seems like a good guy. To much Drama and he decided to delete all his posts and take off. Threads are still there, you can get the jist. Search Mohawk for more info.

PS I really only said I see this turning bad because someone already called BS on this Tiger.

70ATC90
01-10-2007, 09:35 PM
Good call. Im thinking this guy knows what he has, but like mr. squirrel said anything is possible.

Yes, he definately does know what he has... he told me he's not motivated to sell at all and wont let the thing go for less than 3. :cry:

Huffa
01-10-2007, 09:37 PM
Long story short: Member Mohawk found a nice condition Tiger 125, cleaned it up and threw it on ebay. Got a bunch of heat from some other members about this and that, lot of bans, lot of locked threads, and a huge whaping amount of drama!!!!!!

Was cool though, he meet Peter Woods the founder of the company. They became good friends.

My opinion: Mohawk seems like a good guy. To much Drama and he decided to delete all his posts and take off. Threads are still there, you can get the jist. Search Mohawk for more info.

PS I really only said I see this turning bad because someone already called BS on this Tiger.

OK, well understood, Thank You.

So are most Tigers most likely to be out west or they could be anywhere in the USA? Were there dealers strung about here and there or they only made it to a selected few?

Do some on 3WW know who most of the dealers were? Do I ask a bit too many ?'s ? :lol:

70ATC90
01-10-2007, 09:39 PM
A wise man would have started this thread after he had bought or at least taken pics of the Tiger in question,,,,,,

go to hell

Huffa
01-10-2007, 09:44 PM
go to hell

Hey, I'm having fun talking about it, I think the wait for the pictures makes it that much more exciting. So what's the scoop?? Fill us in!

Is it for sale?

team-red-rider
01-10-2007, 09:44 PM
ok i kno i start junk here but hold on people no fighting we dont need thid again ok! we dont need people getting bans AKA "Vacations"

Huffa
01-10-2007, 09:50 PM
I think instead of " A wise man would have started this thread after he had bought or at least taken pics of the Tiger in question,,,,,,

it should have been : A wise man would have started this thread after he had bought it or at least taken the old lady out on a date to squeeze more Tiger info out of her and butter her up for the deal. :lol:

Russell 350X
01-10-2007, 10:03 PM
Yes, he definately does know what he has... he told me he's not motivated to sell at all and wont let the thing go for less than 3. :cry:

3g's eh? ouch.. Rare enough it makes sense. Might have to go with the burgulary idea lol...:rolleyes:

iowarotax
01-10-2007, 10:10 PM
If its complete!!! not that crazy of a price. I might be interested in it. I wouldnt be afraid of it for tha price if it is totally complete. You can not buy anything that cool new for that kinda money.

Huffa
01-10-2007, 10:45 PM
If its complete!!! not that crazy of a price. I might be interested in it. I wouldnt be afraid of it for tha price if it is totally complete. You can not buy anything that cool new for that kinda money.

Agree, 3000 for something that rare is not a ouch at all. Ouch in the sense that it could have been a lot cheaper though (if the guy was not onto the rareity of it), that I will agree on. Too bad he knows what he has but must not be into it or he would be on 3WW with it!

Huffa
01-10-2007, 10:46 PM
3g's eh? ouch.. Rare enough it makes sense. Might have to go with the burgulary idea lol...:rolleyes:

I'll bring the grapefruit .

70ATC90
01-10-2007, 10:54 PM
Yeah, $3000 is alot considering it has no compression.. and are rotax enine kits easy to come by? I'm thinking hard about it, he said he would have asked more if I wasn't friends with his mom. Its really gonna tap me dry but i know its the only chance I'll ever have to own a tiger.

Huffa
01-10-2007, 10:55 PM

I have just been talking to a guy (I don't know him) that wrote back to me and said ..........

"yes,i have a tiger 80,125,200 and tiger super-4 quad.i know some history of the company and i forget the owners name at this minute.i have some manuals for the 125 and 200/250 and i have many new oem parts for the ktm80/tiger 80."

Not sure if anyone on here knows him but I asked him to please join 3WW and post some pic's of his machines. Also asked if he would ever be selling any.

I'll let you know if he comes back with an answer but better yet would be if we saw him right on here!

iowarotax
01-10-2007, 11:03 PM
I can get you almost any engine part you need. If not, I can give you phone #s of who does. The engine parts are not that hard to find, its everything else on the tiger that is, like fenders, triples, swingarm, etc.

ATC-Eric
01-10-2007, 11:18 PM
Hey Huffa,

The owner of the company said the production numbers were less then 1000 total if I remember correctly. I wish Mohawk hadnt deleted all that stuff!!!:mad:

I dont think there were "dealers" persay. The reason why you didnt see many racing back in the day is because it was hard to get your hands on one. There was a long waiting list.

Huffa
01-10-2007, 11:35 PM
Yeah, $3000 is alot considering it has no compression.. and are rotax enine kits easy to come by? I'm thinking hard about it, he said he would have asked more if I wasn't friends with his mom. Its really gonna tap me dry but i know its the only chance I'll ever have to own a tiger.

So no pictures of it?

Tell ya what, start a new post on "how much would you pay for a tiger that needs some engine work" and we will all say between 18 & 2300 or so or whatever you want us to say, then print it out and take it over to the guy with 2000 in your hand, walk away if he doesn't take it, you can always come back in a day or two but give him a chance to think about it.

Maybe he is just testing you and you should be stearn on 2000 or so and hell break and strike a better deal then?

200x newby
01-10-2007, 11:36 PM
just tel the ole lady that he said you could have it for $200 and give her the money!!!!

erectordale
01-10-2007, 11:37 PM
I talked too Mohawk who had talked too Peter wood (founder of Tiger atv) From what Mohawk told me there was under 500 total machines made. Tiger spent 1/4 mill $$ on rotax engines and parts in total with a average cost around 300.00 per machine for the engine. if you divide this it comes out too 833.3 machines that had rotax bought engines. This is in total all years ! Peter did not have a exact # of machines but said there was fewer 80cc ,125cc and 500cc trikes than 200 or 250cc machines built and just a very few super 4 quads built . I hope this helps. A little note on engine parts on the 500cc they are getting rare pistons are stock only. 250cc parts are common and most all are still available the 200cc is a sleeved down 250cc .Rotax never built a 200cc liquid cooled engine . pistons are rare and sleeves don't exist other than that the rest are 250cc parts any more info Just ask as I have lots of info

70ATC90
01-10-2007, 11:53 PM
Man they are rare! Well, I didn't want to argue with him on the price because he seemed like he totally didn't care whether I was going to buy it or not... and it seems like its 3 or nothing with him. Its either a ring for my girl or a tiger for me.. i'm torn.

Orangecnty250r
01-10-2007, 11:54 PM
Yes when you compare those numbers to about 40,000 1985 and 1986 ATC 250rs combined you can appreciate them a little more. Last time Mohawk posted he said about 50 tiger 4 wheelers were produced. He said the 125cc's were the least number of three wheelers but I dont think that includes the 80cc machines that werent listed on most of the Tiger ads. 200s/250s are by a long shot the most common. In further comparision Tricky Dicky produced about 200 cagivas which was higher # than I thought.

hrc200x
01-10-2007, 11:59 PM
Huffa, the guy you might be talking to sounds like 3tigers (already a member under that name), he's the only one I know that has a 80 and 3 other machines.

To get dealer pricing you had to order 3 total, so in theory there could be quite a few people out there who'd have called themselfs dealers.

Billy Golightly
01-11-2007, 12:27 AM
go to hell

This user was given 2 days off and a warning because of this post. :banned: :welcome:

DomanD
01-11-2007, 12:40 AM
dose any 1 know about the sasqutch 3 wheeler and the pacesetter trying to find out wich 1 my trike is

scooterroo
01-11-2007, 09:25 AM
ring for your girlfriend? come on boy!!! girlfriends come and go but tigers are few far and in between. do you need anymore thought into this? besides, if the girlfriend truely truely loves you, she would understand and go on about her day. lol, hahahahaha...

blue27
01-11-2007, 09:36 AM
I got mine before my wife got her ring, It wasn't easy but she understood that it was a deal that could not be passed up. (trust me if you knew what I paid you would agree..lol) She got the ring a few months after.

Squirrel Master
01-11-2007, 11:31 AM
This user was given 2 days off and a warning because of this post. :banned: :welcome:

Why don't you just stick him in the corner on time out, and take away his playstation while you're at it.

200x Basket
01-11-2007, 12:05 PM
he sure was not the only one that needed a vacation. that was a reply to a baited post if i have ever read one.

1DEADPRESIDENT
01-11-2007, 12:28 PM
Why does the word " Tiger " bring out the idiot in so many people? :crazy:

ATC-Eric
01-11-2007, 02:50 PM
Seriously man, buy the Tiger. If it is as complete and nice as you claim, it is worth every penny.

You can find parts for the motor, so you wont be stuck with a non running bike. Does the girl know shes even getting a ring?

atctim
01-11-2007, 04:01 PM
Why don't you buy the tiger a ring??? - J/K - If it was me, I'd be all over that thing for 3K - If it is indeed as you say it is. What is stopping you? Explain to your G/F it is an investment!

deathman53
01-11-2007, 04:17 PM
I have just been talking to a guy (I don't know him) that wrote back to me and said ..........

"yes,i have a tiger 80,125,200 and tiger super-4 quad.i know some history of the company and i forget the owners name at this minute.i have some manuals for the 125 and 200/250 and i have many new oem parts for the ktm80/tiger 80."

Not sure if anyone on here knows him but I asked him to please join 3WW and post some pic's of his machines. Also asked if he would ever be selling any.

I'll let you know if he comes back with an answer but better yet would be if we saw him right on here!

I think I know this guy, is he from NJ. I seen a tiger 200, super-4, another 200 he had, and also some of his atc250r's and 200x's. I'm willing to bet its the same guy, as he told me he has a storgage unit and garage full of 360 kits, honda speedo drives and meters, 300 kits, and everything the tiger dealer he bought out had, he asid he also has 2 250's and one 500.

johnny's X
01-11-2007, 04:21 PM
Really if you are not going to buy the Tiger then let one of us know were it is. I would be more than happy to take a road trip tomorrow. 3k tell the old hag i'll be over. how much did you plan on spending on the ring, if she loved you the cracker jacks ring will do fine.

Huffa
01-11-2007, 04:53 PM
Huffa, the guy you might be talking to sounds like 3tigers (already a member under that name), he's the only one I know that has a 80 and 3 other machines.

To get dealer pricing you had to order 3 total, so in theory there could be quite a few people out there who'd have called themselfs dealers.

Yea, I think your right as later he told me he is a member here but does not come on much any more. Who knows, he might be reading all of this because I told him at the moment there is pretty heavy disscussion on Tigers on 3WW and that's when he said he is a member.

He has a brand new 80cc Tiger radiator on ebay right now, that's how I "met" him, I wrote to him.

Orangecnty250r
01-11-2007, 04:53 PM
I think I know this guy, is he from NJ. I seen a tiger 200, super-4, another 200 he had, and also some of his atc250r's and 200x's. I'm willing to bet its the same guy, as he told me he has a storgage unit and garage full of 360 kits, honda speedo drives and meters, 300 kits, and everything the tiger dealer he bought out had, he asid he also has 2 250's and one 500.

Thats not the same guy.... Four people have more than three tigers I know of.....one from CT, one from NY :naughty: , one from tiger country, and one from NJ (the one you are talking about...that dirty dog never told me he was holding a tiger 4 :welcome: :D

Huffa
01-11-2007, 04:55 PM

WOW, so he's in my area sort of. I sure would like to get invited over just to see them :beer

Huffa
01-11-2007, 04:58 PM
70ATC90's

Can't you at least go over and take pictures ??

PLEASE ?? I'm tired of all the chit/chat, want to see the real deal!

1DEADPRESIDENT
01-11-2007, 05:17 PM
What's with the Tigey 4?

ATC-Eric
01-11-2007, 05:20 PM
What's with the Tigey 4?

Go here

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/tiger4.shtml

deathman53
01-11-2007, 06:14 PM
I haven't seen him in about 5 months, I know him from njorvp in nj.

Huffa
01-11-2007, 06:19 PM
I haven't seen him in about 5 months, I know him from njorvp in nj.

I can't recall, does that park allow 3 wheelers? I know they have a track for the fourwheelers cause I rode on it years ago with my 250X, I just can't recall if there were ATC's there or not?

How much is it for a day of riding now, over 50 bucks?

firefirefire90
01-11-2007, 07:40 PM
http://www.glamisdunes.com/invision/style_emoticons/default/worthlessthread.gif

scooterroo
01-11-2007, 10:27 PM
i think he got banned for saying something inappropriate to biggreen. two weeks vacation...i think billy wrote something about it. so dont expect any pics...at least anytime soon.

ATC-Eric
01-11-2007, 11:03 PM
2 weeks!!!! thats hardcore!

dizasterzrfun69
01-11-2007, 11:05 PM
you guys talking about the 70atc90 or whatever his name is? If so it was only 2 DAYS not weeks. lol

scooterroo
01-12-2007, 01:11 PM
disaster is right 2 days, not 2 weeks, oops my bad.

4cylinders
01-13-2007, 04:41 PM
hey, what's the latest on this? would really like to see this followed through to get more info for the one-off trike.

gotballs 250r 82
01-13-2007, 04:48 PM
No pic's NO TIGER:TrikesOwn