PDA

View Full Version : 185/200 centrif clutch nut

rally4x4racer
01-08-2007, 01:06 AM
hey ppl..

I was breaking down a 185 motor today and after i finally got to the clutch nut on the centrif clutch I was scratching my ass. Of course that didnt last long and I put an impact wrench on it. It did not work so I looked closely and can see the nut has been "punched" to get locked on.
heres the questions
does it have to come off for a complete breakdown?
if so, how do you get it off?

I started trying to get the divet out so i can take the nut off.. but no luck yet.

thanks
r4r

3 weelin geezer
01-08-2007, 02:25 AM
simple, you take a punch and knock it straight. Then, after you remove that you have to get a puller that screws into the rotor to pull that. If you use one of the ones that grab it on the edge (if you can get it to hook) it says you may end up cracking the magnet(s). Just how far are you taking it apart? Oh, one more thing: make sure you are spinning it the right way as I think its left hand threaded.

rally4x4racer
01-08-2007, 02:46 AM
Just how far are you taking it apart? Oh, one more thing: make sure you are spinning it the right way as I think its left hand threaded.

GO FIGURE!! i was turning it CC... so I was probably tightening it. The motor had some screwed up cases.. So I am breaking it all the way down..
just grabbing the parts that are good and using them in the upcoming 185/200 build.

and obviously I am gaining good experience while im at it. how do I figure out if it is LHT? just go back to the shop and put the wrench in forward? lol \

thanks geez

84honda200s
01-08-2007, 02:52 AM
lol yea i did the same thing when i changed my clutch.

rally4x4racer
01-08-2007, 03:05 AM
it is backwards! even the haynes says so....

man I was hammerin on it too. I bet shes good and tight now!

84honda200s
01-08-2007, 01:09 PM
lol yea now it will be a sob to break lose.

danteross77
01-08-2007, 03:03 PM
Just an offer I have a box of 185 200 bottom end parts plus a complete bottom end If you need something, send me a picture of what you need I probably have it lying in the gararge and I can let it go pretty cheap. PM me

rally4x4racer
01-09-2007, 01:16 AM
thanks 77 - I have a few more motors to tear into before I know if i need anything for this build. I know this one is trashed - undoubtedly.. but I was just breaking it down to get the parts that were decent out of it.

I am building one soon... but I need to breakdown the other motors and make sure I have enough parts to build one. - actually, the whole top end on this one was good... hold up imma pm you!