PDA

View Full Version : Tri Z swingarm bolt

MisterFurious
01-07-2007, 06:04 PM
Anybody got any ideas on removing a stubborn swingarm bolt? The kid who's working on it said they've tried a sledge, air hammer and a torch. I'm going over later this evening to check it out; somebody drop some knowledge on me! Thanks!

Dirtcrasher
01-07-2007, 06:07 PM
The usual, heat, beat it or grind the head and threads off and deal with it out of the machine. Drilling it without it being clamped down in a milling machine is risky at best.

mike from long island
01-07-2007, 07:49 PM
sawsall always works too. just cut the bolt on the inside of the frame use this as a last resort.do all the damage on the dust covers and all. you dont want to cut your frame.

Yamahondaman
01-08-2007, 04:25 PM
make sure you install a Stainless Bolt and Cap's when done .......

sprocktz
01-18-2007, 04:44 PM
It took me forever to get mine out. Almost gave up. I soaked it down with PB Blaster three days in a row. I then welded a punch to the end of the bolt. This allowed me to wail away with a sledge.A couple of smacks, and the bolt finally broke free.

deathman53
01-18-2007, 05:03 PM
I have stuck a car ball joint seperate between the frame the swinger to open up some room and sawalled the bolt. This has worked on a 250r frame, it works better without the motor in the frame.

MisterFurious
01-18-2007, 06:20 PM
I glad you guys revived this; I'm going to try those ideas. Because the @$(*@$(* bolt still isn't out!