PDA

View Full Version : New Guy,pic's of my....UNIQUE...trike??

DefEddie
01-07-2007, 05:07 AM
Hey everyone,I'm Edde adn from Sallisaw,Oklahoma.
I joined this forum to look into ATV engine's a little more,thinking about swapping the engine in my Tuk-Tuk for something with a little more torque...and something that part's are available for.!!.
Anyway,it's a 2004 Lifan 150CC Tuk-Tuk,these are used for taxicab's in asia.My friend had it imported new and recently sold it to me.
It's a blast to drive,replaced the factory stereo with a Pioneer today and making it my daily driver for work.
It's top speed is around 30-35 @ about 11k RPM's.Here's a couple pic's,if you want to see more then here's the album link,it has pic's of the inside,outside,underneath and the engine.
http://s130.photobucket.com/albums/p275/edwinleahy/Tuk-Tuk%20Pics/

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p275/edwinleahy/Tuk-Tuk%20Pics/Bens1027.jpg
http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p275/edwinleahy/Tuk-Tuk%20Pics/Bens1026.jpg

XTrumpX
01-07-2007, 05:21 AM
LOL... I rode in one of those in Thailand a few years ago. I was even thinking about trying to export one over here. Those guys are crazy when driving those things, thought we were going to tip when he took the corners hard. And man, watch out for the driver with BO, with the air coming throught the front, made my eyes water a bit.

DefEddie
01-07-2007, 05:28 AM
Also,a couple question's.
I'm not positive whether it's a 2 or 4 stroke,there is no oil added into the gas,but I realize that does not mean it isn't a 2 stroke.It is a 1 cylinder shaft drive,is there a way for me to check with any precision short of tearing down the motor or pulling the head to findout?
Does anybody know anything about the lifan bikes?they are normally the little cheap 499 4wheeler/dirt bike special's you see everwhere.It is a large company in China and very popular there.They apparantely make many of the other chinese small engine part's like honda/yamaha/suzuki.Not sure it those are correct,but the dealer's tell me that alot will interchange.I'm hoping someone can look at the album link and let me know if the block look's similar to another engine you've seen.I'm a hot rodder and Ford Technician and know my way around a shop,but be damned if i've never messed with a bike.I can work on my lawnmower's fine,but don't wanna brake this thing.
I am doing it all custom,since it will mainly be a show/parade queen and to putt around in in the pit's at the track.But I've got a custom injection/twin turbo project right now also,and it's gonna stick to being a daily driver..I plan on 3 linking the rear and swapping to some(hopefully)15x4in draglite's when It eventually goes down for the swap also.
Any suggestion's helpful guy's,i've had a quad and a big red before but never messed with them other than to put gas in.....

Huffa
01-07-2007, 07:39 AM
I looked at your engine pic, it's a 4 stroke. 4 strokes always have small round diameter header pipes and have a taller head because of all the other parts in them. Usually the muffler is larger then on a 2 stroke too.

Looks like a Honda for sure, cheaper looking though, can't pinpoint why I'm saying that, just does.

You couldn't tell by the sound though?

A aftermarket pipe (from a Honda model) would help it gain a few ponies I'm sure and the airbox looks restrictive although I can not see the whole thing.

How does it breath, what does the air intake opening on airbox look like ?

BTW - I LIKE IT - A head turner for sure! :beer

Vealmonkey
01-07-2007, 08:38 AM
I would think that you could at least put a 200cc cylinder and head on it. Since it is 4 stroke you should be able to put a better performance camshaft in it. Also I would look into putting a free flowing exhaust on it, bigger carb and a better air filter for improved air flow. I'm not sure what the gearing is like on one of those, but somehow changing the gear ratio would help also. As far as a camshaft, I would think a 200x style cam would work, but I'm not sure if the cam has a bearing end on it or not.

Orangecnty250r
01-07-2007, 08:59 AM
Cool !!! Is your real name Mr. Bean??

SYKO
01-07-2007, 10:31 AM
that is freakin sweet!!! and you can make it legal in the states!!! MAN i would soooo drive that!!!, lol, that motor looks similair to a 250 right guys? I would cram a 250r motor in there!! lol!! that thing would be stupi then!!!yess!!!

Bryan Raffa
01-07-2007, 11:11 AM
verry neat! that could be the trike fest TAXI!!!!

DefEddie
01-07-2007, 03:56 PM
Cool,
thanks for all the info guy's..
I did take off that restricting airbox to see if it helped,but I had a vacuum leak on the carb adapter so it just ran like crap at first.I'm waiting to find something to put over the carb first for protection as I didn't have anything at the time.Got the vacuum leak fixed yesterday.The intake is definatly restrictive.
If you looked at the album then you noticed the exhaust,since it's a 4-stroke turbocharging is possible.....I would like to utilize some type of muffler though,this thing is LOUD @ 10k rpm's...
I was thinking a new camshaft and maybe shave the head a little with a new carb.I just don't have any spare part's around here that will fit right now.The only single barrel carb's I have laying around are for a 48' flathead chrysler and 18hp B&S engine's...And you can't just run to the part's store for upgrade's...I'm not exctly sure what will swap in yet from other engine's,but I might check out the 200x and see how similar they are...I would much rather swap to an engine that has easily available part's though...sometime's it get's real annoying trying to get custom part's made/machined out here in the country..

Down here in oklahoma we do all kind's of silly thing's,like 700hp N20 chevy motor's in Ford's,and twin turbocharged custom injected 4dr Yukon's.....
I'm a member of the OKlahoma street car association and a partial sponser,all them boy's is trying to get me to swap a "busa motor in it.So that's how everyone is trying to get me to go with it.....I want to keep it streetable though....
Thank's for all the comment's and interest guy's....

DefEddie
01-08-2007, 09:17 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SVNZHYYCXo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPcVOzgcsuo
There's a couple vid's of the tuk,took the second one today,a buddy did it when I went home for lunch.
This one is one of my other project's I'm working on.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3NGcBg_V7M

thefox
01-08-2007, 09:58 PM
Looks like a Honda 200 style engine to me too. The only nearly bolt in engine would be the 200es since that is the only 200 with shaft drive but I don't know if the shaft would line up right or be the same style.

If you want to get more power but keep you engine you might be able to swap out the Honda 20 top end but I am not sure, your top end looks different. You might have the pushrod style valves (not good).

Hopefully greenhuman sees this thread since he would have the most experience with these engines. I will pm now actually.

doughdog
01-08-2007, 11:30 PM
Hey, I still want a ride in it.

DefEddie
01-09-2007, 09:48 AM
What's up dough??
When I bring it to the Fort I'll definately stop by and give you a ride..
Need to talk John into letting me put it on the Dyno!!!!
It's not ready to drive that far yet,and I still haven't got my license yet...but it will get there real soon.....When's the next cruise night???

jmsmilin
01-14-2007, 12:27 AM
wow you can get these in the US, whatd you apy for it, I live less than a mile from work, this would a cool DD

DefEddie
01-14-2007, 01:36 AM
I used it most of last week as a DD..
Still working out the bug's though,the chinese suck at building,welding and alot of other stuff for sure..
I paid a 1000 for it,my buddy paid a little more to have it imported.I've looked and looked but can't find another like it,except a pic online..I've even contacted the manufacturer about importing more to sell,but I guess this model is no longer available??

somsak
09-09-2007, 11:58 AM
How did you make this chinese threewheeler legal for road use?
I am trying to find out how to get hese on the roadhttp://i-tuk.com
Very very cool that chinese thing.