PDA

View Full Version : Loosen CDI phillips head screws

fatbaq
04-18-2003, 09:12 AM
Can anyone offer a tip on loosening the phillips head screws holding the CDI and camshaft cover on the ATC 110.

I have tried my best with the correct phillips head screwdriver but these suckers won't budge, they are not rusted in place at all, just EXTREMELY tight.

Thanks in advance

Howdy
04-18-2003, 09:23 AM
Get a impact driver and use the phillips bit. Once you have a impact driver you will wonder how you ever got along without one. I use them all the time.
Howdy

CHAD-98
04-18-2003, 10:24 AM
FIRST OFF, SPRAY THEM DOWN WITH PB BLASTER OR WD-40. THEN USE A DREMEL, OR A FILE TO CUT A SLOT IN THEM SO YOU CAN USE A LARGE FLATHEAD SCREWDRIVER. IF ALL ELSE FAILS, GET A SET OF EASY OUTS. AT SEARS FOR ABOUT $10-15. REPLACE THEM WITH HEX HEAD BOLTS, SO THIS WONT HAPPEN AGAIN.

HOPE THIS HELPS...
DAVE

freaksfix
04-18-2003, 11:55 AM
PB-Blaster, that stuff is the nector of the GODS!! I keep atleast 2 cans at all times.

FullBore
04-18-2003, 12:02 PM
Impact driver works very well! You need it to undo the screws holding the cdi backplate on and the camchain cover, as well as the screw that holds the wire going to the cdi.

Nat

fatbaq
04-18-2003, 01:19 PM
thanks for the help!

plkmonster2
04-20-2003, 02:11 AM
the person that owned my dr before used sae wrenches to replace the oil filter. one of the hex bolts was so messed up that i took a hammer, and had to lighly beat a hex wrench it it. hex is good for some places, but places that are very tight, or are used A LOT are not good for hex, especially for people who use the wrong wrenches! ;) i need to get some more pb blaster, ive been out for while (wd-40 isn't getting by) some one told me of a spray that would kill pb, and it does! problem is that it takes the anodizing of aluminum, but it is strong!