PDA

View Full Version : Pulled the motor...what next? ytm200

jagerlager
01-06-2007, 11:42 PM
Hello all!

I'm new to mechanical stuff, and I love to learn, and for some reason I love three wheelers! Had a 225 dx when I was 15 (1986). My dad was an expert small engines guy, I just never paid any attention (*Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited** Edited* me). so anyway.. Its in me, a late starter yes, but soooo fun.

I now have a ytm 200 I bought for 50$. fixed the pull start, cleaned and adjusted the carb, disconected the compression damper (broken). put on a suicide shifter. Recovered the seat. Painted it camo. Its a good machine.

My present task is installing a clutch kit. But me being me... I decided to dissasemble all and pull the motor, clean it all up good. the bike doesnt smoke and seems to run fine. but since I have it out, what would you recomend doing to it????

can you pull the head to inspect and if its not bad just clean it and reassemble it with new gaskets? or should I look to hone and put new rings anyway?
I havent done a compression check yet.

What else might I look to do now that the bike is dissasembled?

any advice is greatly appreciated!

WIkid500
01-07-2007, 01:14 AM
If the engine doesn't smoke, and has good compression, there is NO reason to tear it apart. Download a service manual off of the 3wwf website homepage for your engine, and tear the clutch apart.

Thats all I would worry about. Set the valves, and the cam chain, clean the oil filter, and add new oil.

Oh yeah and Drive It.