PDA

View Full Version : Lights keep blowing??

FastZ28
01-06-2007, 02:41 PM
My 86 350X blows headlight bulbs, so I checked it out and there was no AC Regulator on the trike. So I ordered one from Honda and hooked it up last night.
Started trike and turned on the lights and poof another headlight bulb blown.
I looked in the manual and checked the resistance from the lighting coil and it checks fine. Where do I look next??

Second question, Can I use a 450R rear tail light? I know its l.e.d. but will it work if I splice the 450r wires to my tail light wires? I might also hook up the brake light switch if it will work.

Liquid-Darkness
01-06-2007, 02:43 PM
I noticed my dads 200s kept blowing headlights. I then went and bought a rear tail light and installed it. The problem went away. I am sure you need good front and rear lights + a regulator attached to keep em on and not to blow.

Chevy n Honda
01-06-2007, 02:51 PM
I noticed my dads 200s kept blowing headlights. I then went and bought a rear tail light and installed it. The problem went away. I am sure you need good front and rear lights + a regulator attached to keep em on and not to blow.

Went thru same thing on a 82 185s. Gotta have both lights .

C N H

FastZ28
01-06-2007, 03:06 PM
That seems off to me, I used to have a 85 200s that I ran for months without a tail light and it didn't blow headlight bulbs. I also remember riding one night that I had both lights working and the headlight blew but the tail light didn't. I also remember the lights didn't get very bright untill you were on the gas, they were pretty dim at idle. I just think something else is wrong, they come on and they are full bright and one goes blue and goes out. The metal things in the bulb that stick up and hold the filament are melted down to the base in a ball.

atcfreak85
01-06-2007, 03:07 PM
I went thru the same thing also and it was because my tail lite bulb was blown. It sends to much power to the headlite instead of spliitting it between the tail lite ang the head lite.