PDA

View Full Version : ATC 200r the old style Maier Low Prof or Dean Sundahl Fiberflex??

Orangecnty250r
01-06-2007, 01:49 PM
I was messing around with the 200r and cant decide what I like better on it. The older style Maier Low Profile or the NOS Dean Sundahl's fiberflex rears. I think the white gives it a more old school racer look. For those members who dont remember these fenders were won at a national race by the previous owner riding this 200r and he never put them on.

slothminx
01-06-2007, 01:52 PM
With some numbers and the correct sponser stickers from the 80's, the white ones will look great ;).

I do like the low pro maiers, maybe put them on another project?

Orangecnty250r
01-06-2007, 02:01 PM
With some numbers and the correct sponser stickers from the 80's, the white ones will look great ;).

Thats a thought....I saw in an old mag the different HRC style white short track shrouds that would also look sweet!!!!!!

thefox
01-06-2007, 02:13 PM
I don't know, there is something about saying that this is the trike that raced and won back in the 80's that is really cool. It would still be cool and "look" old school with the white fenders but then it would be the trike that raced back then... but with new fenders. You can't get more old school then parts that were actually used in races back in the 80's.

The reason why old racers are better collector pieces then a perfectly built replica is so you can see those dings and scratches and imaging what they were from.

Orangecnty250r
01-06-2007, 02:36 PM
I don't know, there is something about saying that this is the trike that raced and won back in the 80's that is really cool. It would still be cool and "look" old school with the white fenders but then it would be the trike that raced back then... but with new fenders. You can't get more old school then parts that were actually used in races back in the 80's.

The reason why old racers are better collector pieces then a perfectly built replica is so you can see those dings and scratches and imaging what they were from.

I hear ya 100%.....thats been the dilemma with this machine from the start. I am definetly saving all the orginal parts to change it back to all original at any time and I have decided not to pretty it up no matter what....these Dean fenders have some battle scars from being shuffled. For me who usually has to put OEM and NOS on everything this is a super nice refreshing change to be able to change and bolt on different cool vintage race parts

blue27
01-06-2007, 03:02 PM
the white ones look better but paint them red. IMO

I have some NOS Mitchell Wheel decals if you need some for it. LMK

Dirtcrasher
01-06-2007, 04:32 PM
the white ones look better but paint them red. IMO

I have some NOS Mitchell Wheel decals if you need some for it. LMK

I agree, the white doesn't go unless the shrouds and front fender were white.....

ChrisD
01-06-2007, 07:14 PM
http://home.comcast.net/~atc330rrider/images/hrc250r.jpg

I used to have white short track shrouds on my HRC R back in the 80's Maier made them. You might want to give them a call. Long shot, but they did make them. I had a couple sets of shrouds but gave them away when I traded the bike in the early 90s.

I did like the way they looked.

I wish I had better pics around.

firefirefire90
01-06-2007, 07:25 PM
I like the red ones. The white ones make the rear suspension look HUGE! Then again, I dislike the rear numbers compared to how they would look on the white fenders. Either way, that trike will look fly.

Final say from me, go with the white.

Bryan Raffa
01-06-2007, 08:32 PM
I like the white!! the red maires make it look smushed or like it was rear ended,,,,IMO

freaksfix
02-12-2010, 05:51 PM
Off topic but was there a SRP fiberflex front fender?

shortline10
02-12-2010, 06:25 PM
Yep they made front and rears for all year 250rs and it was very good quality gel coated fiberglass .

Orangecnty250r
02-12-2010, 08:15 PM
Off topic but was there a SRP fiberflex front fender?

I miss my old 200r.....yes the person who bought my sundahl rears scored the front off ebay...cheap

freaksfix
02-12-2010, 08:54 PM
I miss my old 200r.....yes the person who bought my sundahl rears scored the front off ebay...cheap

You dont happed to have a pic of the front do you?