PDA

View Full Version : Hondaline fairing

Huffa
01-05-2007, 09:57 PM
The Hondaline fairing(s) on here : (about 1/2 way scrolling down you'll see them) http://www.files.3wheelerworld.com/Sads/84Hondaline.pdf

I understand it's the same fairing on all these models and it uses different mounting brackets for each model. Does anyone have this (fairing & bracket set up) and could I see pictures of how it mounts?

Doesn't matter what model, I just want to have an idea.

I can't recall ever seeing anyone with having one mounted, surely there must be someone? :wondering

Are they that rare that only a few members have one? I really like it on the "older" 200X in pic, would it fit the 86/87 as well?

chris200x
01-05-2007, 10:01 PM
Hmm... what are you upto now Huffa?

Maine triker has one on his 84' R. here's a pic from his sig.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b101/Maine_Triker/fenders002rszd.jpg

Huffa
01-05-2007, 10:08 PM
OH WOW, never saw that pic. Thanks!!

I like that for sure (KILLER LOOKING!!)! I imagine one loop out and it's good by fairing?

Excellent for the winter though.

What am I up too? Oh, nothing :naughty:

Orangecnty250r
01-05-2007, 11:33 PM
Bruce had one on his 81 R also I believe.....did you know their is a part number for a blue one....for the blue 110....never saw one in real life but they made them!!!!!!

Huffa
01-05-2007, 11:52 PM
Bruce had one on his 81 R also I believe.....did you know their is a part number for a blue one....for the blue 110....never saw one in real life but they made them!!!!!!

Yep, your right! Look close at the fairing description in the 110/125 pic with it on, it says : "Available in matching blue or red for 110 models"

(125 looks really nice with it on :beer )

They, ANY of them, are super rare to begin with but a BLUE ONE, your talking MAJOR, I mean MAJOR coin there !! (not that a red one isn't major coin either though)

So how much do you think, if one was found, a brand new unused one with both windshield and #plate would go for? Guess on an item like that it's hard to say?
2,3,400 or so ? Higher ?????

Orangecnty250r
01-06-2007, 12:22 AM
I'd be a bidder.....all depends on my mood that week how high I would go!!!! I would probably lose with some of the new people in the game.

mike from long island
01-06-2007, 12:25 AM
i have a fairing brand new in the box. and i trade for a bracket for my 81-82 but unfortunitly it states in the instructions it is for the 83 84 250r. i havent tried it yet. but i can pull the box down and take a pic of the bracket.

dizasterzrfun69
01-06-2007, 12:27 AM
i have a fairing brand new in the box. and i trade for a bracket for my 81-82 but unfortunitly it states in the instructions it is for the 83 84 250r. i havent tried it yet. but i can pull the box down and take a pic of the bracket.

wanna sell it? :D i have 2 84 r's

bigreddad
01-06-2007, 12:33 AM
wow nice article, 1st time i've seen it ... thanks

Bryan Raffa
01-06-2007, 12:42 AM
actually bruce has quite a few of them and extra windshelds

mike from long island
01-06-2007, 10:34 AM
actually bruce has quite a few of them and extra windshelds

ya bruce has 2 or 3 but he is holding on to them for his retirement!! lol

i need to see if he has an extra bracket for an 81-82. i would trade him for the 83-84 i have. but the guy married his first peice and she runs the show!!!!! :w00t: :postwhore :lock: :D

Huffa
01-06-2007, 11:01 AM
wow nice article, 1st time i've seen it ... thanks

Welcome ! :beer

:naughty: Check this out (I know the guy that has it), brand new (just dusty) never mounted, up in attic for 20+ years.

No bracket kit though. What's the approx value of someting like this? I know that's a hard ? I guess, but what is the least you (who ever) think it is worth?

I imagine it's quite rare to find both windshield and #plate with the deal, NO-YES? You don't get both with it when purchased from Honda, do you?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v253/huffa/HondalineFairing.jpg

bullbaiters
01-06-2007, 11:09 AM
I have one that is nos, no box or hardware for it. Is anyone interested before I put it up for auction?

Huffa
01-06-2007, 11:12 AM
I have one that is nos, no box or hardware for it. Is anyone interested before I put it up for auction?

Just like the one (pic) above? How much $$ you asking?

mike from long island
01-06-2007, 12:55 PM
here is my fairring brand new in the box. this kit came with the windsheild and # plate. all hardware to assembly the fairing. the bracket i got from another member. it is missing one of the clamps that bolt to the triple but it is something i can duplicate. i just want to find the correct bracket for my 81 250r. enjoy.

Chevy200s
01-06-2007, 02:49 PM
Thanks for the link huffa, I love looking at all the Hondaline stuff. I actually had some similar questions to yours. I found a fairing in similar shape to the one you have pictured and didnt know if it was worth anything to anyone or if I should just hold on to it. One of the handguards has cracked off, still have it though. It also has the mounting bracket on it, I will try to get some pics of it for you when I get a chance.

chris200x
01-06-2007, 02:59 PM
Kinda off topic... but I remember seeing a fairing for sale on ebay for a tri moto. (I think) did yamaha or kawasaki make alot of goodies fro their trikes? Seems like I only ever see hondaline stuff.

Huffa
01-06-2007, 03:09 PM
Kinda off topic... but I remember seeing a fairing for sale on ebay for a tri moto. (I think) did yamaha or kawasaki make alot of goodies fro their trikes? Seems like I only ever see hondaline stuff.

Yamahaline, KawasakiLine, SuzukiLine just doesn't sound right :lol:

Doubt if they made any :lol:

HondaLine ..........the one and only !! :beer

Huffa
01-06-2007, 03:11 PM
Thanks for the link huffa, I love looking at all the Hondaline stuff. I actually had some similar questions to yours. I found a fairing in similar shape to the one you have pictured and didnt know if it was worth anything to anyone or if I should just hold on to it. One of the handguards has cracked off, still have it though. It also has the mounting bracket on it, I will try to get some pics of it for you when I get a chance.

Definitly DO NOT hold on to it, GIVE it to me ! :D

Mounting bracket for what model ?

Yea, for sure, I'll take it!! :lol:

Huffa
01-06-2007, 03:15 PM
here is my fairring brand new in the box. this kit came with the windsheild and # plate. all hardware to assembly the fairing. the bracket i got from another member. it is missing one of the clamps that bolt to the triple but it is something i can duplicate. i just want to find the correct bracket for my 81 250r. enjoy.

20+ year old stuff, still in the bags and with the boxes, sends chills up my spine. Looks great Mike (how can it not, it's NEW!!)! Weird how something seems worth more just because it has the box to it :crazy:

I can't wait to get mine since it is brand new also. Wonder if the guy has the box yet :wondering

I do have the story (I asked) behind it though, as to why it was never used so that makes it worth more, right :lol: ...........

I used to race desert- baja, frontier500, etc, and knew a few of the guys
that raced for team honda back then. I aquired a number of "works" parts
from them, and still have some 250R race stuff like a heat-treated aluminum
swingarm, flattrack tanks, custom Ohlins magnesium shocks and a set of
prototype 43mm upsidedown forks for the 250R. The fairing I got in Barstow
on the morning of the Barstow 250, since there was a foot of snow and
freezing weather. I didn't have time to mount it, since our start time was
like 6:00. It ended up in a box, the mounting hardware lost somewhere. I'm
not sure even how this thing mounts. Anyway, I got too old, too hurt, too
often and parked the bike. I kept all the trick parts though and maybe
someday will build a works replica with t he stuff I have. Someday.....

mike from long island
01-06-2007, 04:06 PM
i bought the fairing kit off ebay. it came from canada. $149 shipped to my door. i just happened to look up hondaline and it was just listed with a buy it now. so i had to grab it lol. orangecnty250r just sold one before X-mas. i think he got around $350 for his. mine i am going to use someday i hope. :lol: or just put it aside and save it to rsell for my daugther college fund lol

atckowalski
01-07-2007, 12:05 AM
I got a yellow one of Ebay a few years ago but don't have a pic or a yellow 225 anymore. My 225's are blue and the other one is black.

Huffa
01-07-2007, 07:18 AM
i bought the fairing kit off ebay. it came from canada. $149 shipped to my door. i just happened to look up hondaline and it was just listed with a buy it now. so i had to grab it lol. orangecnty250r just sold one before X-mas. i think he got around $350 for his. mine i am going to use someday i hope. :lol: or just put it aside and save it to rsell for my daugther college fund lol

You got a great deal! :beer

I got a good deal too, won mine for $157, 180 shipped. Like you, I didn't need it and could have spent my $$ more wisely elsewhere but then again that IS spending my $$ pretty wisely I think espeacially if you look at it from an investment ("i think he got around $350 for his") point of few. "Old" things like that I just love to look at though and that will be displayed in my garage.

Maybe someday I can trade it for a whole trike!

You put yours aside? As in "away from view"? Ahhhh, don't do that, show it off man!

Mine is going to be hung just to the R this pic, I need more trike stuff , that will be a good start!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v253/huffa/huffascollectionsmall.jpg

Orangecnty250r
01-07-2007, 08:33 AM
Yes Ive had these fairings for some time now....I have the one in NOS condition bolted together for display and to put on machines for fun as I get the brackets. Yes I sold one in the box sealed....and I kept one in the box sealed for my personal collection....Yes collectors not only like the box but sealed is even sweeter thats where you'll get the most money for them. The person who bought it asked me not to damage the box in anyway and ship it within another box....then he just came and picked it up. Average price without the box in great or new condition is about 150.00...In the box the price fluctuates Ive seen 150.00 to 350.00 ending price sold. I have the bracket for the 84 R....I think....85 200x and possibly the 110. Like Mike I have been looking for the 81 250r bracket for some time now :(

Huffa
01-07-2007, 09:05 AM
Yes Ive had these fairings for some time now....I have the one in NOS condition bolted together for display and to put on machines for fun as I get the brackets. Yes I sold one in the box sealed....and I kept one in the box sealed for my personal collection....Yes collectors not only like the box but sealed is even sweeter thats where you'll get the most money for them. The person who bought it asked me not to damage the box in anyway and ship it within another box....then he just came and picked it up. Average price without the box in great or new condition is about 150.00...In the box the price fluctuates Ive seen 150.00 to 350.00 ending price sold. I have the bracket for the 84 R....I think....85 200x and possibly the 110. Like Mike I have been looking for the 81 250r bracket for some time now :(

So you could get a good buck for JUST the box!! I am not one to value the box much but it's certainly a big + if I do happen to purchase something and it does have the BOX.

One Hondaline Box, nothing in it, starting bid, 29.99 :lol:

Cool that you have TWO of them!! :beer

mike from long island
01-07-2007, 09:37 AM
looks like if one hits ebay and doesnt have a buy it now. ill be the second to get one lol for something i know you are looking for,i wont even waste my time bidding against you. plus if you did find another one after that you would be such a great guy and let me know :beer but if i find it with a buy it now first!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sorry just lucky i guess :D

if bruce wasnt such a honda whore we would both have them already!!!

[QUOTE= Like Mike I have been looking for the 81 250r bracket for some time now :([/QUOTE]

Orangecnty250r
01-07-2007, 09:53 AM
looks like if one hits ebay and doesnt have a buy it now. ill be the second to get one lol for something i know you are looking for,i wont even waste my time bidding against you. plus if you did find another one after that you would be such a great guy and let me know :beer but if i find it with a buy it now first!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sorry just lucky i guess :D

:beer The easiest way to get this stuff cheap anymore is to find a machine outside ebay with the rare parts on it....Ive seen it all to often such as

The t3/t4 conversion with the calfab

People finding a cheap Rs with a westcoast on it.

Some people who have these machines have no idea how rare some of those aftermarkets parts are on them....local newspapers, monkey ads, craiglists, atv trader etc...

Huffa
01-07-2007, 09:59 AM
:beer The easiest way to get this stuff cheap anymore is to find a machine outside ebay with the rare parts on it....Ive seen it all to often such as

Some people who have these machines have no idea how rare some of those aftermarkets parts are on them....local newspapers, monkey ads, craiglists, atv trader etc...

You right, it's true! I love finding those "stupid" people! :lol:

Huffa
01-07-2007, 10:03 AM

I go in spurts on 3WW sometimes and for a while, not too long ago, I have been off it for a good 6 months and what I am leading up to is ..................

Where is Bruce ???? I hear him mentioned but never ever "see" him anynore, what's up with that? :wondering :wondering :wondering

I must have missed something while I was away? He was ALWAYS on, ALWAYS !! Him getting married could not be the whole reason he does not come on any more and if it is, well then I don't like his new wife too much :lol:

mike from long island
01-07-2007, 03:04 PM

i havent had it happen but it is always in the back of my head. hoping to see a rare aftermarket part. it hasnt happened but i am sure it will sooner or later. i just dont like bidding against another member who i know whats it for a good reason.