PDA

View Full Version : 86 250r restoration project..have a question

brddog7683
01-05-2007, 02:12 AM
Hi guys, I've completely disassembled my 86 250r for restoration and I have a question upon reassembly. The shop manual says to use a Paste grease with at least 40% Moly Disulfide on the pivot points in the rear suspension and upper mount collar on the shock. Can anyone lead me to what they have used or is equivalent. I'd like to buy something locally but I figured I better ask.
Thanks for any help:)

MRPoopie
01-05-2007, 03:19 AM
im pretty sure any kind of good clean grease will work

Aussieduner
01-05-2007, 07:51 AM
Hi guys, I've completely disassembled my 86 250r for restoration and I have a question upon reassembly. The shop manual says to use a Paste grease with at least 40% Moly Disulfide on the pivot points in the rear suspension and upper mount collar on the shock. Can anyone lead me to what they have used or is equivalent. I'd like to buy something locally but I figured I better ask.
Thanks for any help:)

I use boating grease on my rebuilds,never had any problems.

Aussieduner

brddog7683
01-05-2007, 09:42 AM
I use boating grease on my rebuilds,never had any problems.

Aussieduner

Is this like a high temperature marine wheel bearing grease your referring to?

3leggeddog
01-05-2007, 05:33 PM
yes thats good grease,use it.be sure to over coat everything.

also where are you at in ohio?lets hook up and ride!!!

brddog7683
01-05-2007, 06:01 PM
Hey thanks for the reply, I'm located in Kent, Ohio and always looking out for good places to ride. Where are you located? Sounds like you race your 250r from the mods you show..wow! Mine is modified but not that much. I've been riding 3 wheelers all my life and this is the 1st 2 stroke! always wanted a 86r and finally got one after 20 years...LOL!:D

3leggeddog
01-05-2007, 09:24 PM
well your in luck.my good buddy max lives right up by you in cuyahoga falls.also tim sr.,moshman355,garageboy34,and hired gun are up your way aswell.we just had our new years day ride in cuyahoga falls.

we race quite a bit in the summer,almost every weekend,and sometimes 2-3 times a week during the faircross series.here the great thing about it,YOUR WELCOME TO COME RACE TOO,LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

smith road raceway is only 1/2 hour from you,and we always have 7-10 trikes there.all different kill levels,so don't be intimidated.if you get lucky like me,you might find yourself out in front!!regardless of position,it is a great time.you will be racing among respectful,skilled riders,who are just out to have fun.get that thing bak together,and i HOPE/WILL? see you this summer.i'll pm you all the dates for the races/rides.come kick with the OHIO TRIKE CREW(OTC) gurantee you'll have a good time.

p.s.,let em know if you need any parts,i got some things layin around that you might need

max
01-06-2007, 12:08 PM
Im two cities over. Once the weather gets better we will hook up and do some riding. Where at in Kent do you live. I use to do alot of over your way. There is this sweet sand and gravel pit over near robinson hospital rite near the rail road tracks. Havent been there in a couple of years. Any questions or help????? you've got the right web sit.

brddog7683
01-06-2007, 04:42 PM
well your in luck.my good buddy max lives right up by you in cuyahoga falls.also tim sr.,moshman355,garageboy34,and hired gun are up your way aswell.we just had our new years day ride in cuyahoga falls.

we race quite a bit in the summer,almost every weekend,and sometimes 2-3 times a week during the faircross series.here the great thing about it,YOUR WELCOME TO COME RACE TOO,LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

smith road raceway is only 1/2 hour from you,and we always have 7-10 trikes there.all different kill levels,so don't be intimidated.if you get lucky like me,you might find yourself out in front!!regardless of position,it is a great time.you will be racing among respectful,skilled riders,who are just out to have fun.get that thing bak together,and i HOPE/WILL? see you this summer.i'll pm you all the dates for the races/rides.come kick with the OHIO TRIKE CREW(OTC) gurantee you'll have a good time.

p.s.,let em know if you need any parts,i got some things layin around that you might need

hey I might just take you guys up on that! may need some parts but dunno yet, too earlier into the restore. Smith road raceway sounds really kewl! I'd really enjoy in the meantime just going there to watch you guys, pm me on the dates you guys race!:p
Moshman355 sounds familiar! hey wait a minute is that the Moshman's that redo custom seats for atv's? Funny, I just sent my seat for restoring to Mrs. Moshman (Tammy):D They do excellent work from what I've seen and I'm sure I will be happy with the outcome.
Max, I'm practically next door to you..lol! i still wonder if that sand and gravel pit is still there, ya never know the way they build around here..gheezz. Was it abandoned those 2 years ago? My brother has a atc 200x to join in to, Hey I'll even bring our atc 70! :p

3leggeddog
01-06-2007, 04:46 PM
SWEET!!!!!lets rip it up dude.9i'll hollar at ya with some dates,and whatnot.pm me if i can be of any help!

Aussieduner
01-06-2007, 06:41 PM
Is this like a high temperature marine wheel bearing grease your referring to?

This is the tub of boating grease ive been using.

Aussie

brddog7683
01-06-2007, 09:31 PM
This is the tub of boating grease ive been using.

Aussie

Thanks for the pic Aussieduner! I'll have to look that up where i can get some.

mudbogger
02-19-2007, 12:23 PM
I use a heavy truck grease that is designed for heavy loads, like for dump trucks, heavy machery and that stuff works quite well, especailly in the water, cold weather.