PDA

View Full Version : help with pivot bolt on 85 200x please

tintfreak
12-30-2006, 06:18 PM
Howdy everyone,
could I get some help over here please.
I have hit a snag............I'm tring to get the pivot bolt out of my 85 200x, I have tried heat, hand sledge, air hammer, penitrating oil.....:( .....what next?
anybody have other suggestions?:wondering

chris200x
12-30-2006, 06:20 PM
Try a sawsall and a new bolt! :rolleyes:

seadoo650
12-30-2006, 06:25 PM
I've had the same problem. I did get one out with a long barrell air hammer. Had to knock it one way a bit then flip it and go the other way. Back and forth for about an hour and finally it came out. Also I'm not sure how serious Chris is but yes I have one now that I am just cutting with a sawzall. Have plenty of blades on hand though. However you do it you're going to need a new bolt. Good luck.

chris200x
12-30-2006, 06:28 PM
I've had the same problem. I did get one out with a long barrell air hammer. Had to knock it one way a bit then flip it and go the other way. Back and forth for about an hour and finally it came out. Also I'm not sure how serious Chris is but yes I have one now that I am just cutting with a sawzall. Have plenty of blades on hand though. However you do it you're going to need a new bolt. Good luck.

That's exactly what I had to do with mine seadoo. I hammered on it till the end mushroomed to bad. Finally said screw it and cut between the dustcap and the inside of the frame. Those bolts can be hard to find sometimes though.. Good luck!

seadoo650
12-30-2006, 06:32 PM
Yea, once the bolt end mushroomed too much I just rounded it back up with a pair of vice grips. Kinda hillbilly.

Tintfrea, I have a few extra swinger bolts for that madel if ya need one.