PDA

View Full Version : Yamaha YTM 200L Wont Move (I think the clutches are slipping)

timex69
12-30-2006, 05:51 PM
hello
I recently got my Yamaha ytm 200L running and I got it all together today and when you give it about 1/8th throttle it will move alright but if you give it anymore throttle then that the clutches slip (I think) and it wont moves. Would this be the primary or secondary clutch or just the adjuster not set correctly on the clutch cover.

What should the clutch adjustment be set to?

when you take the nut off the adjustor and grab onto the threads the nut came off with your hands should you be able to pull the bolt/threads back about a quarter of an inch because mine will come back and im starting to think I have a sour adjuster.

Any help is greatly appreciated

timex69
12-31-2006, 10:58 AM
Can you just tell me if this is more or likely to be the primary or secondairy.

WIkid500
12-31-2006, 11:28 AM
to adjust the clutch you need to loosen the jam nut, turn the screw counter clockwise untill you feel tension, then turn it clockwise 1/8 of a turn. That will set the clutch. If it still slips it could be friction discs in the secondary, or the primary being shot. or thats what they tell me. Adjusting the clutch should help.

timex69
12-31-2006, 01:11 PM
thanks man, the adjustor was turned all the way clockwise tight, so im gonna go adjust it and see what happens. Thanks for your help.

timex69
12-31-2006, 01:42 PM
I just adjusted the clutches to where I was told they should be and it wont even engage in gear, you have to force it in. Now when I put the clutch the with disks in (primary I beleive) none looked burned or broken so I dont beleive it to be the problem but how do you tell if the secondairy clutch is still good. Thank you very much everyone.

WIkid500
12-31-2006, 03:29 PM
IDK man that is the way to adjust the secondary clutch, via the service manual. The primary is the centrifugal clutch on the crankshaft. The secondary, the one that can be adjusted, and the one with the friction discs. Are you sure you only lightly turned the screw counterclockwise untill you felt friction, then backed it off 1/8 of a turn?

When you installed the discs did you soak them in oil?

The friction plates should measure 3.0mm and the wear limit being 2.8mm
and the clutch plates should'nt be warped any more then 0.2mm

timex69
12-31-2006, 11:52 PM
Hey
Does anyone have a copy of a manual in details of the clutches not just an assembly manual on bikebandit.com so I can make sure everything has been assembled correctly. Also what way is the one way bearing supposed to spin? just incase I put it in backwards last time.

Thanks