PDA

View Full Version : 84 200x in need of rejetting?

ricky15 ATC200X
12-30-2006, 05:51 PM
I have a stock 84 200x and i just put on a performance cobra exhaust and someone told me i should rejet. It seems to run alright which jet would i need to change hsp or lsp, and what should i change it to? Im not even sure what my carb has for stock jetting. any help would be appreciated.

tyman
12-30-2006, 06:02 PM
you might not have to rejet... just do a plugchop..... if its lean, then you should probably up your main..... but sometimes you don't have to rejet...

digity x
12-30-2006, 06:05 PM
take the bowl off and take the main jet out. see what it says on it. if your x is running good why bother? but if you want to mess with things buy some jets from dennis kirk and play around some. i put a 28mm from a xr 200 dirt bike on my x with a bigger intake and cylinder and piston with a full dg pipe , it works for me.

ricky15 ATC200X
12-30-2006, 06:21 PM
Now that i think about it at high speed it does start cutting out a little bit. Like its starving for fuel.

digity x
12-31-2006, 04:09 PM
put a bigger main in''

Dirtcrasher
12-31-2006, 04:40 PM
Please, please, please jet the thing up and enjoy the extra power provided through the better breathing exhaust. And, remove the airox lid and cut some big holes in it - but only run it when your gonna have a bad water and mud day.

I have never changed an exhaust and "not had to rejet" - nope, you don't "HAVE" to but why the hell wouldn't you? Did you just want a pretty pipe or were you looking for some gains??

My 200X has some 250SX jets in it and a 250SX main that got drilled out a few times with a drill bit until I got it right. Do the dam plug chops blah blah blah but I find 2 strokes read better than a 4 stroke. I just ride it until it feels right, you obviously can feel the lean out condition in the WOT position with your current jetting.